The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   S525 OVP The Club Car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   S525 OVP - Read this first (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44050)

Pete 18th March 2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 489730)
It´s great to have the right wheels! I´m doing up a set for my saloon . The rims aren´t new but in really good condition. Have renovated the trims and they look rally good now. These are a spare set that the car can stand on or be used as allround wheels if I have to use the car in the winter at all. What size tyres did you get. My rims are 7 in by 16 and a quarter in. What size would that be as I think there were 2 different sizes of steel rims.

The tyres are 195/65 R15 - the wheels are the slightly wider 6.5". It's not clear whether the car had these or the 6" versions, so for the slightly better grip level and the fact that they were on special offer we went for the wider size.

Roverowner 18th March 2010 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 489813)
The tyres are 195/65 R15 - the wheels are the slightly wider 6.5". It's not clear whether the car had these or the 6" versions, so for the slightly better grip level and the fact that they were on special offer we went for the wider size.

Thanks. Wonder how one measures the 6.5" or 6":shrug:. When I put a tape measure from the inside lip to the outside lip I got 7". The rims look just like yours otherwise:)

2Diesels 18th March 2010 11:31

Measure across the insides of the rim ie the bit the tyre bead seals against;)

simdel1 18th March 2010 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by reynard55 (Post 489206)
I have been reading the latest installment of the restoration saga.
The car was indeed filled with contaminated fuel at Longbridge, it is the main reason it was taken out of use.
It was however not a deliberate act.
The underground fuel tanks on site are in a sorry state, but just quite how bad they were was not appreciated untill a couple of cars were filled with more water than petrol!
The time and cost of resurrecting it's water filled tank, along with it other issues, consigned it to the scrap yard.

I wonder if that issue actually saved the car from further abuse?

Roverowner 18th March 2010 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 489841)
Measure across the insides of the rim ie the bit the tyre bead seals against;)

You´re an unexhaustable fund of information;):D Ta:bowdown:

RoverRobert 21st May 2010 21:43

Is there an update due???

Pete 4th June 2010 23:14

Yes there is. :)

My enforced absence, coupled with Pete over at Lates recovering from an operation, has meant the vehicle was put on hold for a while. Lates is clearing a slot to complete the servicing work and prepare it for the inevitable MoT, which at that point it will then be bodywork time, for which we already have the bits, loads of products to test on it for you to read about ahead of the inevitable tinworm and a rather useful deadline too......

RoverRobert 5th June 2010 00:23

Excellent, looking forward to that

starbug2 5th June 2010 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoverRobert (Post 535552)
Excellent, looking forward to that

hear hear
:}

Pete 4th July 2010 21:46

Next scheduled instalment is August 1st 2010.