The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Yet more crime. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295617)

jackatesme 8th May 2019 18:31

Yet more crime.

My nieces' son in law is a self employed plumber with 3 kids. He has had is van broken into and tools stolen 2/3 times,last night someone stole the van itself.
After phoning police to report the theft no response from them other than been given a crime number.
He is young lad who works 7 days a week and now he has no means of earning an income. This Town (Country) is becoming lawless.:mad:

markypicks 8th May 2019 18:37

yep thats what today's Britain is no law and order just a crime number for insurance purposes . once had a honda fireblade stolen from my home , police never came just gave me a crime number then ask me if i wanted to purchase a steering lock at half price. i said no its a motorcycle thats been stolen not a car what are they like ... hope he can get sorted so he can carry on with his business rgds mark

macafee2 8th May 2019 19:28

I feel very sorry for him.

macafee2

BoroRover 8th May 2019 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2732405)
My nieces' son in law is a self employed plumber with 3 kids. He has had is van broken into and tools stolen 2/3 times,last night someone stole the van itself.
After phoning police to report the theft no response from them other than been given a crime number.
He is young lad who works 7 days a week and now he has no means of earning an income. This Town (Country) is becoming lawless.:mad:

Scum. Oxygen thieves. Pondlife. Knuckle draggers.....and any other insults I can think of. I feel for the guy, tries so hard, faces all that hassle.
I hope he bounces back very quickly.

trikey 8th May 2019 21:18

A hidden GSM remote wired to some hidden air horns, in the event of theft, send a text to the unit, hopefully frighten the barstewards to death.

(I was going to say wire it to an internal screenwash system filled with hydrochloric acid - but that would be really bad wouldn't it)

SCP440 9th May 2019 07:04

These scum should be made to do hard labour for several years if they catch them. This mamby pamby approach they seem to have with them is obviously not working.

Once they have done there time send them to do work in a 3rd world country and then they will see what life is about. They will have to work at the local hourly rate or they wont get there ticket to come home.

So many of them get off with a caution or a few weeks in a soft prison and they treat it like a holiday.

A workmate had his house broken into, he caught the intruder and he detained him while his wife rung the police, apparently they were busy so would be a while :eek:. After his wife rung them again and saying she had been attacked they arrived 10 mins later. The police took the intruder away and he claimed he had been attacked. When Tony rung the police the following day the intruder had been released because there was a lack of evidence. What do the police need?

Is it me?

Heddy 9th May 2019 07:23

Really sad to hear of van thefts, the lowest of the low stealing someones tools. Here in Exmouth, a relatively quiet town it's a real problem. No industry, just leisure jobs sees many 'one man bands' serving the community.

AndyN01 9th May 2019 07:57

Very sorry to hear about this.

One of my sons is a builder and tries to keep as much stuff securely locked away as much as he can but the tools of the trade are big, heavy and carting them in and out of the van every night is a time consuming pain.

He's had the van tyres slashed though :mad::mad::duh:.

Many threads/posts about similar incidents.

If the "punishment" is meant to be a deterrent them it obviously isn't working and needs a radical review.

The lack of Police numbers, the "Human Rights" brigade, the "it's always someone else's fault" excuses and what appears to be lax sentencing don't help. As does the perceived multi £million tax fiddling etc. by big companies. Well...they do it......

Hope he gets back on his feet again very soon.

Andy.

Lancpudn 9th May 2019 08:27

Our local rag is full of people going mad at the state of lawlessness in the area.
The ne'er do wells don't even bother to thieve under the cover of darkness any more because they know PC Plod isn't going to turn up any time soon.

It makes you wonder if I'd been better off and saved my money & not installed a CCTV system because the police aren't going to follow any crimes up.

They literally have free reign to do what the heck they like in this day & age.:devil:

RPWC 10th May 2019 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2732405)

As a result his insurance premiums rocket, forcing an increase in his charges, leads to possibly less work as people cant afford to hire him. Yet the tea leaf gets away free. A mate of mine said once convicted a theif should be put in the stocks on the high street with THEIF painted on their forehead.Let the people carry out justice.