The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   cancelled but no refunds (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304106)

macafee2 7th April 2020 16:57

cancelled but no refunds

A number of events are being cancelled but not all "promoters" or establishments are giving refunds, just giving dates next year to use the tickets.

Wife has paid for a holiday for us both to the USA but not sure if we are getting a refund.

Moving ticket dates to next year... may not be alive next year

macafee2

planenut 7th April 2020 17:00

I had considered this only this morning. I am supplying copies of all bookings that have been postponed to my kids. This will include all the reference numbers and anything they might get refunds on, if I can't deal with it.

wullie480 7th April 2020 17:27

You’ll be entitled to a refund no matter what they suggest as an alternative.

stocktake 7th April 2020 18:22

:iagree::wot: Unless it was written into T&C's that in event of cancellation credit /vouchers/ re arranged dates would be issued. * This has happened on the airport hotel I booked to include parking when we were suppose to fly out on holiday.
As much as the vendors would like you to take a credit note or invite you to a rearranged appointment you have the right to a full refund as I understand it and have insisted on.

Gate Keeper 8th April 2020 06:23

I am due to fly to London on 30 May on a direct scheduled flight on Kenya Airways. The ticket was not cheap at £530. When I spoke to the airline about cancellation, they said the ticket was non-refundable, but I can change the date of return for a fee of $182 USD, but no later than September 23. September 23 is when I bought the ticket last year. I have annual travel insurance but will need to check if I can claim on it or not.

SCP440 8th April 2020 08:37

We have a Hotel booked in the UK for our wedding anniversary with Booking.com in a month. I will not get a refund even if it is not open apparently but can move the date :eek:. I have even said that I don't want a different date and they have just said there will be a 100% cancelation fee if I don't move it.

I wont be using that website again once this is all over.

ceedy 8th April 2020 13:13

Currently chasing 6k5 pounds of USA holiday costs , the private Villa is the only only I wont get back , but have been given the option of a free date move, currently now late October ( hopefully) .

On a lot of promises so far but only 100 quid parking has actually appeared so far. :eek:

Still got ABTA ,ATOL , Credits cards and Insurance to fall back on :shrug: .

Seem to have time on my hands at the mo' ;) to do this .

Chris

ceedy 8th April 2020 13:20

Credit /debit card ?? section 75 or Chargeback Claim ?

C

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2804520)
We have a Hotel booked in the UK for our wedding anniversary with Booking.com in a month. I will not get a refund even if it is not open apparently but can move the date :eek:. I have even said that I don't want a different date and they have just said there will be a 100% cancelation fee if I don't move it.

I wont be using that website again once this is all over.

kaiser 8th April 2020 19:06

It is difficult to get the money back. They try and get you a voucher if you want to, or try and book another date. In both cases you would have accepted a change, and I think, weaken your case for a refund. When and if they cancel the flight, they make the change, and you are offered a refund, even if they still will try and keep the money.
I have just got a refund from BA, after 14 days.
I think as time goes by, chances of a refund will diminish, as their funding melts away or they (not just BA, but any airways or business) go bankrupt.
We live in strange times indeed.!
The Chinese curse: may you live in interesting times.

愿你生活在有趣的时代

ceedy 8th April 2020 20:58

Seems from the media that a voucher is not covered by ATOL ?? :shrug: