The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Buying an ex police V8? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10264)

Jamie 5th October 2007 18:10

Buying an ex police V8?

I have seen a couple of piccies on here of the plod version of the ZT-T V8...and wondered if any are still in service?

I have in the past bought an ex service rover 827 and wondered where/how any V8s which havent been sold off are.......sold, by private bid or by auction?

I just cant stop thinking about the roar. :drool4:

Keith..... talk some sense into me.... quick.

philby777 5th October 2007 18:20

plod V8

The PSNI have two R75V8's still in service as unmarked cars seen one a silver grey colour near belfast last week.

black olive 5th October 2007 21:21

Jamie, go for it, you know you want to. You've taken your first steps by posting on the V8 forum, you are obviously thinking about it.
the roar is spellbinding, and I cant see Keith talking any sense into you ;)

JohnDotCom 5th October 2007 21:30

A department " " still have one at NSY London. (2005 Reg)
Not sure why but I can't disagree with choice.

Keith 6th October 2007 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie-Biker in a suit (Post 90863)
Keith..... talk some sense into me.... quick.

Easy..... Drive it properly and think 17 MPG!!! :D

Seriously though, last year John sent me details of a White 75 V8 with high mileage that was on Autotrader for around 10k that may have been a police evaluation car

Jamie 9th October 2007 17:15

You mean drive it with its tail wagging...as you did on the way to Haynes?? heh heh

17mpg not too much of a concern....I am thinking of a toy..not an everyday runaround.....incidently...is that 17mpg average carefull driving or average hooligan driving?

Jamie

JohnDotCom 9th October 2007 17:59

Driving it nicely. :D:D

Keith 9th October 2007 19:32

17MPG was what I got on a round trip to Snowdon and back with the sat nav set for look ahead and I wasn't taking any prisoners on that trip

Otoh best I had before the orange led came on was just under 300 miles from the tank which was about the same as I would get from the 190

Range and fuel costs have to be a consideration with the V8, I could never justify the expense of running one if it needed to do the daily commute.

Jamie 10th October 2007 18:11

I am in a real dilema....cant make up my mind which way to jump....I would like a stomping V8...but there is a few choices....and I still have that little voice in the back of my head calling 'chrysler...chrysler'

I will probably have to buy the wife a new car instead...

Tim 10th October 2007 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie-Biker in a suit (Post 92738)
I am in a real dilema....cant make up my mind which way to jump....I would like a stomping V8...but there is a few choices....and I still have that little voice in the back of my head calling 'chrysler...chrysler'

I will probably have to buy the wife a new car instead...

Think you might have wax in your ears. The back of your head is saying chrys..t stop being a water bag and get me onto a V8 head rest............NOW!