The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Saiid Javid resigns (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302860)

RPWC 13th February 2020 17:10

Saiid Javid resigns

Good on him for standing up to bully boy Boris and refusing to be blackmailed

LeRich 13th February 2020 17:37

Never rated him much but fair play for standing up by standing down.

markypicks 13th February 2020 18:26

didn't rate him much rgds mark

Darcydog 13th February 2020 18:44

Rishi Sunak looks to be a better bet all round to be honest :shrug:

Southampton born for a start!!!

I liked what he has said in the past - Well pleased someone of his obvious dynamism has been put in a such a top slot.

Stevie25 13th February 2020 19:07

Dominic Cummings must have approved the change.

As he might say:
“The night time is the right time to fight crime – I can’t think of a rhyme.”

Not sure what that means but if it’s a good enough response to HS2, then it might also apply to the appointment of a new Chancellor!

Darcydog 13th February 2020 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2792950)
Dominic Cummings must have approved the change.

As he might say:
“The night time is the right time to fight crime – I can’t think of a rhyme.”

Not sure what that means but if it’s a good enough response to HS2, then it might also apply to the appointment of a new Chancellor!

Insignificant compared to Jo Moore’s:-

“Today is a good day to bury bad news” - 11th September 2002.

Stevie25 13th February 2020 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2792956)
Insignificant compared to Jo Moore’s:-

“Today is a good day to bury bad news” - 11th September 2002.

My favourite must be Donald Rumsfeld.

Rumsfeld stated:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

Darcydog 13th February 2020 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2792967)
My favourite must be Donald Rumsfeld.

Rumsfeld stated:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

The real problem with these political jokes is that they get elected.

WillyHeckaslike 13th February 2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2792956)
Insignificant compared to Jo Moore’s:- “Today is a good day to bury bad news” - 11th September 2002.

It was 2001 Clive when those Muslim extremists ingratiated themselves with their warped fantasies. I looked at our tv screen as it unfolded and initially thought that it was a spoof for an impending release of another Hollywood blockbuster along the lines of Bruce Willis and his Die Hard movies. It sickened me when reality dawned and none more so when when tv news showed rejoicing and dancing among Muslims in the Middle East. Not all Muslims are of that mind but there is a rather large elephant in the room when more than a few of them seem to be reluctant to call out out the extremists for what they are and without caveat. Not in my name or that of my religion should be the outcry and I would not have to be dragged in front of a camera or a microphone to denounce them. :mad: :getmecoat:

edwardmk 13th February 2020 23:18

Why many are now 'Islamophobic'

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2792995)
It was 2001 Clive when those Muslim extremists ingratiated themselves with their warped fantasies. I looked at our tv screen as it unfolded and initially thought that it was a spoof for an impending release of another Hollywood blockbuster along the lines of Bruce Willis and his Die Hard movies. It sickened me when reality dawned and none more so when when tv news showed rejoicing and dancing among Muslims in the Middle East. Not all Muslims are of that mind but there is a rather large elephant in the room when more than a few of them seem to be reluctant to call out out the extremists for what they are and without caveat. Not in my name or that of my religion should be the outcry and I would not have to be dragged in front of a camera or a microphone to denounce them. :mad: :getmecoat:

I lived in Saudi Arabia for eleven years, went out tolerant and came back less tolerant. The core problem with the Koran is that some verses specifically incite violence and it's a statistical certainty that a small minority of particularly young people will take those verses literally. The most devout go to pray five times a day. The elephant in the room is simply indoctrination from an early age to believe jihad against infidels (you and me) is a good and noble thing and they will be rewarded by Allah with a large number of virgins in paradise if they are martyred in the pursuit of said jihad!
So if someone asked me if I was 'Islamaphobic', I'd say yes, and I'll remain so until these verses in the Koran are either modified or expunged. If I see a young bearded Middle Eastern person in a public place, I'm not totally relaxed any more. I too vividly remember 9/11 unfolding. The appalling indifference and even support of so many Muslims for that heinous crime was sickening. It also triggered massive suffering in Afghanistan as America took her revenge, but the core problem is indoctrination of vulnerable Muslim children with a middle aged warrior cult fantasy.