The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   First time buyers - listen to these guys on the forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=135138)

SpaceAce 22nd January 2013 21:46

First time buyers - listen to these guys on the forum

I've just managed to extricate myself from a purchase of my first ZT-T with a local car dealer.

Got most of my money back after some tough negotiations. Lost about £300 but it was money well spent on learning some lessons.

Essentially the car was not fit for purpose, with some repairs that they undertook to do as part of the sale being 'allegedly' (I have to add that) well below par.

My thanks to Canonite for noticing the misaligned dash on one of my pictures, which ultimately led me to work out how the ABS 'repair' had been carried out. I'll let you work it out...

I can't go into too much detail, as I don't want to get myself in some kind of legal wrangling, but suffice to say that when you are considering your first 75/ZT:

1) Post up on this forum details of what you are considering - with pics, before you commit.

2) Listen to what the guys say. They may initially sound overly negative but this is from experience and they have a lot of this

3) Read every word of the buyers guide, then read it again

4) don't rush in (a tricky one I know)

The good news:

If all goes to plan I should soon be the proud owner of Tinyfliers awesome Trophy Blue ZT 190 :)

bigbird 22nd January 2013 21:53

Good luck with the purchase.. Ive always got good info and advice on here my first port of call ..:D

Sidetops 22nd January 2013 22:09

One thing a buyer should be aware of is this fact.

If a consumer takes a car dealer to court, the consumer always wins.

Canonite 22nd January 2013 22:30

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out, but at least you got out of the deal before it was too late. I do remember the thread when you first got the car, there being emphasis on the engine used in the swap.
Feel a bit chuffed an observation saved you from getting stung.

Stewbacca 23rd January 2013 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidetops (Post 1200871)
One thing a buyer should be aware of is this fact.

If a consumer takes a car dealer to court, the consumer always wins.

Perhaps in the majority of cases but to say 'always wins' is a bit of an over exaggeration....

neilb740 23rd January 2013 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAce (Post 1200855)
My thanks to Canonite for noticing the misaligned dash on one of my pictures, which ultimately led me to work out how the ABS 'repair' had been carried out. I'll let you work it out...

They took the bulb out of the warning light didnt they,,lol what a bunch of cowboys.
Well dont for spotting it before it was to late!!

grandy 23rd January 2013 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 1201078)
They took the bulb out of the warning light didnt they,,lol what a bunch of cowboys.
Well dont for spotting it before it was to late!!

well done Neil, for spotting that i have no doubt that i would not have noticed or have been on the ball as you was good for you saved the man a lot of dosh, crafty b-------s GARY

Plezier 23rd January 2013 10:34

I would be making a written formal complaint to Trading Standards. I wonder how many unsafe cars they sell by hiding the issues?

Alan_G 23rd January 2013 10:41

Good advice and well done to the chaps on here.