The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beep when locking the car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318833)

Ravinder 24th April 2022 22:23

Beep when locking the car

Today, my partners Rover 75 tourer mk2 diesel auto has started to beep when locking the car. It’s not the horn sound when locking it like on my own 75 where usually it means a door or something has been left opened. But, a small beep coming from the front drivers side area I think when locking the door.
It has never done this before apart from today and it’s been doing it all day today
When locking it. Any idea what’s causing this? We have gone around checking all the doors, tailgate, bonnet etc to make sure everything is closed properly which it is.

Thanks.

rovertone 24th April 2022 22:31

That's interesting, I occasionally hear a similar sound, like a chime, when unlocking the car, not every time though. So will share with interest any ideas that come forward.

SD1too 25th April 2022 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovertone (Post 2929731)
... I occasionally hear a similar sound, like a chime, when unlocking the car, not every time though.

So do I! Would you agree Ravinder that the sound is a chime?

Do you both have memory seats and do you use two keys from time to time? I do and it sounds like the seat confirming the position of the driver's seat when a different key is used to unlock the car.

Simon

rovertone 25th April 2022 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2929745)
So do I! Would you agree Ravinder that the sound is a chime?

Do you both have memory seats and do you use two keys from time to time? I do and it sounds like the seat confirming the position of the driver's seat when a different key is used to unlock the car.

Simon

Thats an interesting point Simon, a year or two back my seat memory went through a spell of doing its own thing so I set both keys to the same setting. It's quite possible in the meantime I've inadvertently changed something. I regularly use both keys I'll now note to see if it happens with any specific key. Thanks Simon.

Ravinder 25th April 2022 17:29

I don’t think it’s a chime. We just use the same key. It does have electric heater and memory seats, yes.

It only makes the sound when locking the car.

stevestrat 25th April 2022 17:39

Is the car fitted with an alarm horn or BBUS? If it mis-locks with a BBUS you'll get a chirp. The usual reason for a mis-lock is the bonnet switch, sited where it is it gets all the crud and water going.

v-man 25th April 2022 17:55

Related to the tailgate fault I wonder?

Popcorn 25th April 2022 18:10

Just a thought,mine chirps when a door or tailgate is not shut properly face lift tourer, when we had some bad frost awhile back the door lock froze and the interior light stayed on after closing the door, i can't remember if it chirped when this happened but could it be the car thinking that a door is still open I would check that the interior light has gone off and see if it still chirps ,like i said just a thought :shrug::}

Arie-MG 26th April 2022 12:50

Mine did beep too on two occasions:

1 was that the rubber of the bonnet-shut-sensor on top of front valance wasnt on properly

2 was when the bonnet was actualy opened(by me but I forgot...:duh:) but still in the safety catch....

simondhopkins 27th April 2022 20:50

My molly sounds her horn every time I lock the car, yet boot, bonnet and all doors are locked, and hazards flash as normal.

Only thing it bothers is the neighbours when I come home late. :D