The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SAGA insurance quote (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306090)

Gunnerhavesome 2nd July 2020 19:53

SAGA insurance quote

Received my annual insurance quote today from my provider and called them up to discuss.
Yes the price was lower from last year but not much, talked a few things over and got the same policy fully comp road side assistance 90 day European breakdown of which I use as often I am in France and all the bells and whistles.
Came in at just a touch over £300. Over £100 saved, Not bad I thinks yes I will renew.
An hour later into my inbox up pops a quote from SAGA and they must have my details from years ago when looking around from when Tesco bumped it up 100% and I obviously said NO and they didn't care. So hence my new provider.

But cut to the chase SAGA quoted and this is a company supposed to look after the over 50s i am 57 a really great deal of get this £800. Thant went straight to the trash bin.

So much for SAGA thanks but no thanks for thinking oldies are a soft touch.

steve-45 2nd July 2020 20:06

When I was shopping around for quotes a couple of years ago, SAGA came out as one of the most expensive.

marinabrian 2nd July 2020 20:32

I've recently moved the old man's insurance from Saga, to Hastings direct, £293 as opposed to £449......better cover and a cheaper excess.

Brian :D

myfirstrover 2nd July 2020 20:47

Saga must rely on auto-renewals , I just don't know how they keep going , they've always been at least double the price of some of the quotes I get :shrug:

Number 6 2nd July 2020 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstrover (Post 2822514)
Saga must rely on auto-renewals , I just don't know how they keep going , they've always been at least double the price of some of the quotes I get :shrug:

When I insured cars in the UK I found exactly the same with Saga, way over the top on their quotes, even after speaking on the phone they would not reduce it to an acceptable level.:shrug:

postbasher 2nd July 2020 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnerhavesome (Post 2822494)
Received my annual insurance quote today from my provider and called them up to discuss.
Yes the price was lower from last year but not much, talked a few things over and got the same policy fully comp road side assistance 90 day European breakdown of which I use as often I am in France and all the bells and whistles.
Came in at just a touch over £300. Over £100 saved, Not bad I thinks yes I will renew.
An hour later into my inbox up pops a quote from SAGA and they must have my details from years ago when looking around from when Tesco bumped it up 100% and I obviously said NO and they didn't care. So hence my new provider.

But cut to the chase SAGA quoted and this is a company supposed to look after the over 50s i am 57 a really great deal of get this £800. Thant went straight to the trash bin.

So much for SAGA thanks but no thanks for thinking oldies are a soft touch.

yup, I too left saga for a better deal

Jay 3rd July 2020 00:14

I have found individual insurece prices higher. I hust had to reinsure. Usually use the comparison sights. I was amazed that AA insurence was the best provider. I have break down cover from the RAC. Asked them if they could do it any cheeper, and the bloke on the phone said their insurance was way more expensive. Just does not figure?

Arctic 3rd July 2020 07:55

The whole insurance industry needs a massive shake up & the government should put pressure on them to do so in my opinion.

Phil th Barrow 3rd July 2020 08:21

Ok... I see it like this. If you have ever had th time to waste ringing around like i av many years ago. You soon find its not th risk they look at but what they think you will except. Im with Saga now and av been for a while. I talk there langue regarding "WALKING UP" th price at every renewal. They know now that it is futile, so for th past few years as they think im a safe bet, they equal th price of th search engines.

So keep moving guys if they think you are a fool or negotiate. Its th same with duel fuel. I move provider every year and its alot easier than you think. Put in th search engine your KW used per anum and let them come to you. Simples...

KWIL 3rd July 2020 08:25

Agree the "industry" is chaotic. This years renewal is with an insurer that previously would not cover me and the best quote (accepted) was from an insurer who would not even quote last year. All hiding behind the Broker, of course now.

What is this? Support the Brokers including their commissions? Yet others promote "direct" with the insurers themselves and sometime back both approaches.

Much better when I was able to talk directly to the Lloyds broker known to me!