The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trafficmaster problem? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36190)

teethgrinder 9th April 2009 22:47

Trafficmaster problem?

Got a Trafficmaster ECU from the scrapyard today, along with the plug and wires.

Fitted it in this afternoon, but I don't get the TM splash logo on startup, and no options fo it upon scrolling through the message centre.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I get 12v across the terminals of the plug, and continuity along the pink/white wire...

Does the car have to be in range of a TM transmitter for the splash screen to work?

Ta,
Robin

juzza0 9th April 2009 22:53

No.. you should see the traffic master start up logo when the ignition is switched on no matter where you are. The small TM logo and trip display will only come on when your in range. I'd check the i-bus wire connection

Reebs 9th April 2009 23:01

Make sure the cable clamps you used to splice into the loom are pressed home good and proper, when I first installed mine, I hadn't squeezed hard enough, so the cables didn't make contact.

Quickly rectified though.

Greeners 9th April 2009 23:02

Check the connectors re properly crimped up.....normal "Scotch Lock" are too big to cut into the insulation.

teethgrinder 9th April 2009 23:07

Power cables are getting +12v at the TM multiplug.

I noticed on the 'how to' that there is a 'vacant cavity' in the black multiplug for the pink/black wire to go to. Mine was not vacant - would this have owt to do with it?

stocktake 9th April 2009 23:12

Unfortunatley not, mine was populated, just spliced it to it and all was fine. Can only suggest you check where you have spliced in to ensure all is connected.

calibrax 10th April 2009 02:19

If you have connected with scotchlock type connectors, give them a squeeze with pliers. I had the same problem as you, and all the connections seemed fine, but it took an extra squeeze to ensure that the scotchlocks actually connected to the wires properly through the insulation.

mayor 10th April 2009 07:05

Hi have you got a computer IPK fitted ? I was under the impression that in order to fit a Trafficmaster you had to have it installed but I am not sure about this

Reebs 10th April 2009 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayor (Post 312164)
Hi have you got a computer IPK fitted ? I was under the impression that in order to fit a Trafficmaster you had to have it installed but I am not sure about this

Yes mayor, you're quite correct, the Message Centre IPK is needed to get Trafficmaster to work.......and teethgrinder DOES have one ;) so he should be in business

jcwatrichmond 11th April 2009 07:46

Robin,
This won't help you fix your problem, but it may ease the annoyance if you don't.
I've had a standard transferable Trafficmaster for years. At first I thought it was great, but with experience over 2 or 3 years I changed my mind. Not only is the constant repeating of messages, which don't actually apply to you, very annoying, but the inaccuracy of the warnings finally destroys your faith in it.
Many times I was told of long delays ahead that made me leave motorways and re-enter at the next junction only to find the traffic flowing freely, so I was the only one delayed. At other times there was no warning and I got stuck in traffic jams. Now I no longer use it. The thought that I was being messed about and paying for the privilege finally got to me.

John Wright :driving: