The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Personal choice (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299844)

Russel 10th October 2019 07:45

Personal choice

I love my zt-t but I can't afford to keep chasing issues I need something a little less costly so in January when the mot is up I will decide what to do with her

Btw this is the best bunch of people I have ever met all so helpful and someone always there for advice

Number 6 10th October 2019 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2767723)
I love my zt-t but I can't afford to keep chasing issues I need something a little less costly so in January when the mot is up I will decide what to do with her

Btw this is the best bunch of people I have ever met all so helpful and someone always there for advice

What sort of issues are you "Chasing"?

Russel 10th October 2019 09:33

Airbag parking sensors suspension knocking and banging ASB fault now battery drain And a leak in the boot

Number 6 10th October 2019 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2767742)
Airbag parking sensors suspension knocking and banging ASB fault now battery drain And a leak in the boot

Oh, OK just a few things to be going on with. But nothing insurmountable

I know they are annoying but you can get these with any car and if you purchase another car it will be an unknown quantity and could have more serious faults. But I do understand your frustration.

I had a serious problem with water going into the oil which was not the HG.I thought about another car but could not decide on a replacement Although I live in France I did not want a French car. So with help from a trader on here I sourced a replacement engine and had it shipped over, Fitted it and now running sweeter than ever. I doubt I would have done the same with any other car;)

ceedy 10th October 2019 10:43

had all of them at one time on any of our 3 ZT's, Still got the Knocking despite getting a new MOT recently on the dizzle :shrug:

all quite simple and known problems to sort out really ..

and what will you replace it with ? another car with potenially unknown issues ;)

Russel 10th October 2019 11:20

My problem is it's one after another after another and the Mrs ain't happy it's always one more thing and one more thing It's not a mint car or a rare car just a really nice drive I'm not sure what I will replace it with maybe a 1.2 something smaller cheaper

Number 6 10th October 2019 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2767761)
My problem is it's one after another after another and the Mrs ain't happy it's always one more thing and one more thing It's not a mint car or a rare car just a really nice drive I'm not sure what I will replace it with maybe a 1.2 something smaller cheaper

At the end of the day it is your choice,But a 1.2???:shrug:

Darcydog 10th October 2019 13:26

We have a i30 Tourer which is a 1.4 Petrol and it is boringly reliable. Only issue we have has been a failed coil pack - which was cheap to fix.

On fuel costs it is marginally more expensive than the ZTT cdti but it is a bit cheaper on road fund licence.

I really do enjoy the ZTT but this year it has cost me a fair bit of effort and I still have a few things to do.

So in a few years time - when we go down to one car - I suspect it will be some sort of Korean SUV.

macafee2 10th October 2019 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2767742)

what's wrong with the air bag?
what have you tried to solve battery drain?
where is the leak from?

have any of these cost you anything to repair?
parking sensors can be problematic and temperamental but may not cost you anything to repair.

What have you repaired and what has been the cost? you need to weigh up cost of repair with cost of replacing and then consider the money you get from the sale of the car which will be without an mot. Is you car much more expensive to run then a 1.2?

if you like to drive the car, what cost do you put on that?

macafee2

Comfortably Numb 10th October 2019 17:44

Darcydog, I suspect your i30 cost a good deal more than an average 75/ZT. But it's true what you say about a replacement needing repairs. The cheap 2003 Renault Megane cabrio I bought to get me by while the 75 was having its clutch done (by me - £200-ish for parts), now stands me at a total, including purchase, of around £730, and a day or 2 of my time. It has needed a new silencer, new discs, (which it didn't really need), some touch-up paint, and a new wheel bearing. Oh, and I treated it to an oil and filter change to celebrate it passing its MoT. Apart from the wheel bearing - possibly caused by a rusted and stuck brake pad - it hasn't missed a beat or leaked a drop, either in or out in 8,000miles. So despite it's low mileage, worry-free reliability, lack of rust (on a par with the Rover), and equivalent fuel economy, it's probably the Rover I'll be keeping, having just spent £250 on suspension parts for it, which will need to be fitted for its upcoming MoT. Why? Because surprisingly, it's the Rover that has that certain je ne sais quoi!