The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Monitering P/Ms (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299529)

Rev Jules 27th September 2019 07:36

Monitering P/Ms

Are people looking at our PM messages, because I had inserted (Beggar) you interpret it as you may, and it came up with six Naughty-Words, when one would have been suffice in my mind a pointless exercise so it would appear one Naughty - Word for each letter B-U-G-G-A-R, this message was between myself and another member.
In future I shan't bother going down the PM route because I don't know who will be reading it. we are all grown up on here but sometimes one wouldn't think so.

Rev.

SD1too 27th September 2019 07:50

I doubt that the 'swear filter' is operated manually Julien, whether on the open forum or within private messages.

Simon

FLYING BANANA 27th September 2019 07:53

The swear filter kicks in automatically. The only people that can see a pm is the sender and the recipient.

Rev Jules 27th September 2019 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2764845)
The swear filter kicks in automatically. The only people that can see a pm is the sender and the recipient.

Many thanks Bob, perhaps the swear filter could be a bit more tolerant.

Julien

Lancpudn 27th September 2019 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2764840)

Are people looking at our PM messages, because I had inserted (Beggar) you interpret it as you may, and it came up with six Naughty-Words, when one would have been suffice in my mind a pointless exercise so it would appear one Naughty - Word for each letter B-U-G-G-A-R, this message was between myself and another member.
In future I shan't bother going down the PM route because I don't know who will be reading it. we are all grown up on here but sometimes one wouldn't think so.

Rev.

Serves you right for being a bucket mouth. :D:p:

FLYING BANANA 27th September 2019 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2764863)
Many thanks Bob, perhaps the swear filter could be a bit more tolerant.

Julien

Alas I have no control over the swear filter. I know it is hard to do, well for you anyway, but try not use those words that get the swear filter working.

SD1too 27th September 2019 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2764863)
... perhaps the swear filter could be a bit more tolerant.

Surely it is inappropriate for a man of the cloth to be using such words in the first place. I am sure that you can find a better form of expression in the vast number of words at your disposal.

Simon

Darcydog 27th September 2019 10:00

The English Language is so rich with alternatives it is easy to get the message across without upsetting a “Computer says no” automatic - no brain involved - filter.

If I was to jokingly call someone a silly s0d and spell it correctly it triggers the filter. And because using a zero instead of an O - also breaks the rules we can put our thinking caps on and call someone a silly tussock. :duh:

Rev Jules 27th September 2019 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2764864)
Serves you right for being a bucket mouth. :D:p:

Shut yer! Face Dipstick. :D

Rev

Rev Jules 27th September 2019 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2764866)
Surely it is inappropriate for a man of the cloth to be using such words in the first place. I am sure that you can find a better form of expression in the vast number of words at your disposal.

Simon

How,s about Rowlocks. :eek:

Rev