The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Creaking noise (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1656)

roytheboy1 19th December 2006 20:13

Creaking noise

I have noticed a creaking noise coming from the top of the dash and found that it seems to be the heater vent.
Has anybody expeirenced this and how did you cure it?:confused:

Phil 19th December 2006 20:42

Hi Roy, mine does tht too, I find if I move the thumbdial it stops momentarilly, I mentioned that to someone, can't remember when, but I was told it is more likely to be the BCU rattling.

Keith 19th December 2006 20:55

Creaking can be the dash parts moving and expanding especially when cold

BCU rattle is very loud and quite noticeable it sounds like it comes from the clock. My CDT did it at 2200 - 2500 Rpm.

roytheboy1 19th December 2006 21:28

It is def the plastic creaking it really creaks when the warmer the air gets i suppose it is expanding with the heat.
it is ok with no heater on but at the moment i would either crash because i could not see where i was going and i would freeze my nuts off:eek:
By the way it only creaks when the blower is set on the windscreen.

Zeb 19th December 2006 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by roytheboy1 (Post 16207)
It is def the plastic creaking it really creaks when the warmer the air gets i suppose it is expanding with the heat.
it is ok with no heater on but at the moment i would either crash because i could not see where i was going and i would freeze my nuts off:eek:
By the way it only creaks when the blower is set on the windscreen.

Get a wood dash. The metal backing for the veneer heats up like a radiator.....toasty and no creaks that I have noticed...:D

Phil 19th December 2006 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedeedooday (Post 16212)
Get a wood dash. The metal backing for the veneer heats up like a radiator.....toasty and no creaks that I have noticed...:D

Don't suppose he had any more did s/he? I really want to do this upgrade.

Zeb 19th December 2006 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 16220)

In the picture of the advert he had one whole one in the box and an extra instrument section...so he at least has that left! It is a great upgrade, highly recommended!

pondweed 20th December 2006 15:19

has anyone got rattles/creaks from the glove compartment catch itself? How do you get rid of it... I've got tape round it at present and that doesnt work... it has a couple of mm free movement

Keith 20th December 2006 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 16220)

How much do you want to pay ;)

Keith 20th December 2006 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondweed (Post 16365)
has anyone got rattles/creaks from the glove compartment catch itself? How do you get rid of it..

easy, seven screws and lob it across the garage or isn't that the answer you need ............................ :)