The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Garage warranties (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290609)

Simondi 29th November 2018 19:21

Garage warranties

Mrs Simondi's MG3 has just had its fuel pump replaced under warranty. It's out of manufacturers warranty but is covered under the garage warranty ( Phoenix in Linwood).

Good news is that they have replaced the pump with no worries but have charged us £52 ( apparently it should have been £104:eek:) for diagnosis:mad:

Now i thought it was the fuel pump as did the green flag guy. The garage understandably had to make sure.
What gets me though is the fact that despite there being a bonafide claim the diagnosis isnt covered.
The service manager is calling me tomorrow. Am I being unreasonable in thinking the diagnosis should be covered in the warranty?

Number 6 29th November 2018 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2690621)
Mrs Simondi's MG3 has just had its fuel pump replaced under warranty. It's out of manufacturers warranty but is covered under the garage warranty ( Phoenix in Linwood).

Good news is that they have replaced the pump with no worries but have charged us £52 ( apparently it should have been £104:eek:) for diagnosis:mad:

Now i thought it was the fuel pump as did the green flag guy. The garage understandably had to make sure.
What gets me though is the fact that despite there being a bonafide claim the diagnosis isnt covered.
The service manager is calling me tomorrow. Am I being unreasonable in thinking the diagnosis should be covered in the warranty?

In my mind,the garage would need to do a diagnostic check to see what the problem was This should be included in the warranty claim.to me they are trying to claw back some of the cost.:shrug:

AndyN01 29th November 2018 19:29

IMHO every penny needed to sort out a problem should be covered in a warranty.

Otherwise, what's the point :shrug:

Being a bit cynical it sounds like a case of how many "exemptions" can they get away with?

Leaves a sour taste which does a lot more damage in the longer term than saving a few £££'s now.

Andy.

macafee2 29th November 2018 19:32

I agree with others, diagnostics should also be covered.

macafee2

stocktake 29th November 2018 19:47

My take on this:
You should be informed of the potential cost of a diagnosis, therefore if the diagnosis shows the U/G components are not the fault then you have to pay for it. It then should be obvious that if the diagnosis does indeed pinpoint the fault to the U/G components then it is F.O.C.

solarsailor 29th November 2018 19:53

Personally I think they're trying it on, so assuming you were given some sort of paperwork in relation to the garage warranty then I'd suggest you have a good read through it - including any terms and conditions. Unless it specifically states that the cost of diagnosis is borne by the vehicle owner then tell them to go swivel. :eek:

Les4048 29th November 2018 20:27

You’d need to read the small print on the warranty agreement. We’ve different levels of warranty we sell with our tractors but everyone thinks everything is covered but it’s not I’m afraid

MSS 29th November 2018 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2690648)
You’d need to read the small print on the warranty agreement. We’ve different levels of warranty we sell with our tractors but everyone thinks everything is covered but it’s not I’m afraid

Agreed. It all comes down to the terms, unless the buyer is relying on his legal rights under consumer acts.

Simondi 3rd December 2018 20:49

Good news, I'm being refunded.

Their group after sales manager agrees that the diagnostic should have been covered with the warranty.

So Im happy but it does make me wonder how many of their customers have paid if though

AndyN01 4th December 2018 09:49

Good news.

I wonder how often the group after sales manager says OK, we'll cover the diagnostics?

Andy.