The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   yorkie meet (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=82885)

James.uk 19th April 2011 00:29

yorkie meet

It's nothing to do with politics, it's the fact that if the Cubs national is in conjunction with the POL it will be near enuff for me to attend, but so is the POL nano weekend, and I am not sure I will be up to doing that much driving on two consecutive days..:sad3: ..(I wont mention the costs.. ooops I just did.. :o)

I am also missing the Yorkie meets that were held at Thryburg (Rotherham) they were so "local" for me, and so much fun... :(

(That's a blatantly off topic hint innit).. ;) :o

EDIT: moved from 'Pride of Longbridge 2012' thread - where it was off topic

timbop6wife 19th April 2011 00:59

Lots of people miss the monthly Yorkie meets,its been mentioned to me a lot over this last weekend, but its down to Actros to sort it out now, not me, and unfortunately it doesnt look like he wants to do it,Sorry,
Its especially sad ,when the Gryphon award only came about because I,d organised the yorkie meets and he only got to go to one of the meets, before he was diagnosed, so for the Yorkie meets to not be organised is really bad, its a bit of an insult to Gryphon as well, because thats where we all met him,
But if Actros cant be bothered to organise them, with him being the regional secretary, then unfortunately they wont happen

timbop6wife 19th April 2011 01:27

yorkie meet

Isnt it about time there was another yorkie meet in Thryburgh, lots of people are missing them,and its now down to the secretary to sort it out, not me,its a shame if they stop, seeing its where everyone met Gryphon and the award wouldnyt exist if it wasnt for the yorkie meets starting.

Simondi 19th April 2011 04:48

There is nothing stopping you arranging a meet if you wish. As you mention there are members who would love a Yorkie meet.

Reebs 19th April 2011 06:24

Yes James that is off topic 'innit, and Heather suggesting the regional secretary for that area 'can't be bothered' to organise meets is a little wide of the mark if you look back over his track record.

Keep it civil folks, I'd hate to think wooden spoons were being used in this thread which is actually about POL 2012 remember.

stevemac 19th April 2011 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbop6wife (Post 709565)
Its especially sad ,when the Gryphon award only came about because I,d organised the yorkie meets

Just out of interest Heather and obviously to give you the credit you deserve, could you just post up the link to the thread where you organised / suggested changing the annual club best car award to the Gryphon Award in memory of Garry.

timbop6wife 19th April 2011 12:14

The club organisers made the Gryphon award, my point was it came about because Id organised the Yorkie meets where everyone met Garry,for the first time,but unfortunately his only meet.
They were started over 3 years ago,
I wouldnt of mentioned it on here, but it was brought up on here, so I responded,
And since Actros became regional sectretary he,s organised one meet for this year, the yorkie meet was a monthly thing,
he just doesnt seem to have any interest in organising it, and its not really my place to organise the meets for our area anymore.
as hes the area organiser.

but Im not posting anymore on this thread about it

stevemac 19th April 2011 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbop6wife (Post 709679)
my point was it came about because Id organised the Yorkie meets where everyone met Garry,for the first time,but unfortunately his only meet.

I can see no connection what so ever between the Gryphon Award and a meet being organised where Garry turned up once. IMHO it is unbecoming to try and take credit for something the Owners Club organised based on such a tenuous link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbop6wife (Post 709679)
And since Actros became regional sectretary he,s organised one meet for this year, the yorkie meet was a monthly thing,
he just doesnt seem to have any interest in organising it, and its not really my place to organise the meets for our area anymore.
as hes the area organiser.

This is simply not true. Any member can organise a meet, the RS's are there to help if needed. Out of the 5 planned meets in my area I have only been involved in two. NCFC1950 (Ian) is doing a sterling job on the Jurassic Coast meet and should take all the credit for that. In fact, two of the meets in this area have been organised by other clubs altogether, not even by the Owners Club members let alone an RS.
If you want a Yorkie meet, then for goodness sake organise one. I am sure there are plenty of members of BOTH forums that would like to attend.

Eljay55 19th April 2011 15:22

I think you are totally out of order having a dig at our RS Actros.
We have had a great meet at Elvington and 2 Nano meets at Andy Willi's this year so far. Bearing in mind that we are still in April i personally think thats not bad going.
Brian also mentioned at the pride of Longbridge that he fully intends to organize another meet at Thrybrough also.
Another thing to think about is that we have already had a National meet(which he attended),Pride of Longbridge(also attended), York meet (ditto), 2 Nano meets(ditto again) and is also representing along with myself and others our club in Germany in June. Also in his "spare" time he runs the clubs shop also!

Busy guy to say he "isn't bothered" as you call it.

Graham

starbug2 19th April 2011 15:29

i know i've been to a few events that Actros has been involved in . what is meant by "Yorkie meet" i'm not sure ?but i've been up that way a few times and other places . fair to say with things being ever more hard on the bank bal etc i am having to pick and chose events and so far i've managed a few that he has done .
there are a few events we would like to goto but can't as either can't afford it or clashes with something so any events now must be worth the effort ,in fuel and travel . if events are in Yorkshire i will consider them who ever runs it or any where.