The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Member? How did you find us? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2189)

Jules 28th April 2014 21:38

Welcome Pete and enjoy the ride on the forum and in the car ;)

mrzee 29th April 2014 07:54

found the forum while looking for guides before going to view a ZT that was for sake locally.

coolcat 29th April 2014 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrzee (Post 1656881)
found the forum while looking for guides before going to view a ZT that was for sake locally.

Did you buy the car?:}

Eskes 1st May 2014 23:27

I found the forum when useing Google to find a sulution on the handbrake problem on a car I might buy.
In Sweden is it hard to get a car that got the timing belt changed du the most garage wants 1300£ for the work.
I hope I will find a nice car soon.

Reggards
Mattias

Sorry for my bad English.

Dragrad 1st May 2014 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskes (Post 1660422)
I found the forum when useing Google to find a sulution on the handbrake problem on a car I might buy.
In Sweden is it hard to get a car that got the timing belt changed du the most garage wants 1300£ for the work.
I hope I will find a nice car soon.

Reggards
Mattias

Sorry for my bad English.

No worries with the English, we understand :D Better than my Swedish... :getmecoat::eek: :D:D

Good luck with your search and Welcome to the Club:}:}

Cocoabeans 6th May 2014 08:26

Hi,

I decided to buy an old banger, in the hope of spending £500 and getting something that would last a year.
Looked at some old Renaults, a Volvo 440 (had to stand on the brake pedal before it would stop!) a Fiesta....then stopped at a car sales place we passed whilst lost, saw this posh looking Rover 75, shaped like a Jaguar, marked for £595. It was really slow to drive, but felt luxurious.....I felt like I needed a twinset and pearls to drive it :-D
Good condition inside, automatic, leather seats, but the previous owner had seemingly chain-smoked inside so it needed a lot of shampooing. Offered the garage £500 and drove it home.
I was hooked, seeing it as a car I wanted to make a long term commitment to, rather than just drive it for a year then scrap it, and started reading up on Rover 75's. Discovered that it was not meant to be so slow, and found out about VIS issues, which brought me to this forum and the excellent instructions for resoldering VIS motors.....which was how I spent bank holiday Monday.

Jules 6th May 2014 08:33

Welcome to the wonderful world of 75 ownership !!

Not wanting to put the dampers on things but there's a few things to check so that she doesn't let you down.............you have probably read about some of the quirks already: :o

Check radiator cooling fan for operation in DEMIST mode.
Grease bonnet cables before they go twang !
Check coolant level any leaks usually means Thermostat housing replacement.
2nd place of leaks is the metal pipes to oil cooler (they rust through!)

Enjoy the very smooth KV6 ride :cool:

Cocoabeans 6th May 2014 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 1664945)
Welcome to the wonderful world of 75 ownership !!

Not wanting to put the dampers on things but there's a few things to check so that she doesn't let you down.............you have probably read about some of the quirks already: :o

Check radiator cooling fan for operation in DEMIST mode.
Grease bonnet cables before they go twang !
Check coolant level any leaks usually means Thermostat housing replacement.
2nd place of leaks is the metal pipes to oil cooler (they rust through!)

Enjoy the very smooth KV6 ride :cool:

Thanks! And...oh no! I already had a list of things to do. It did come with an extensive MOT history, that as I recall included several miles of metal brake piping? I will check through and post my questions on the appropriate board....

ashfield.imp 6th May 2014 14:45

i just typed rover 75 in google , and came up on a search

Tackleberry 7th May 2014 12:03

I think I was just Googling MG ZT, and this was one of the hits, so I had a look unregistered first then decided to register and now I have a ZT of my own :D