The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Level sensor header tank (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=179300)

Graham1961 5th April 2014 21:25

Level sensor header tank

Hi All...I have a header tank with the level sensor, in fact it's been sitting in my garage for a wee while now......what i want to ask is how easy are they to fit, i have instructions.

I would really like someone that knows how to fit it to do it for me, i will of course travel/pay them.

stevestrat 5th April 2014 21:32

Love to help but it would be the blind leading the blind!

Graham1961 6th April 2014 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1630907)
Love to help but it would be the blind leading the blind!

I bought the header tank from someone on the forum (might have been Vindaloo) which has the sensor for low coolant built in, fitting the tank itself i could manage no bother, but wiring the leads are beyond me.

stevestrat 6th April 2014 19:48

When you speak to Dunc about arranging to get the manifold fitted, mention the tank, see what he says?

Graham1961 6th April 2014 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1631842)
When you speak to Dunc about arranging to get the manifold fitted, mention the tank, see what he says?

Good idea, i mind telling the late Tam Leek (Rotrex) when i got the tank if he could fit it, but he was'nt willing to get involved with the wiring..i will give Cossie Dunc a shout.

bigbird 6th April 2014 21:09

Hello Graham they are easy to fit i did mine in about an hour are you going to the pol or national i can fit it there for you no worries

stevestrat 6th April 2014 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbird (Post 1631993)
Hello Graham they are easy to fit i did mine in about an hour are you going to the pol or national i can fit it there for you no worries

Just checked the POL/National attendance lists, doesn't look like Graham is going. What's involved in the wiring? I do quite a bit of electronics in the guitar work and making effects pedals. I'm only about 10 miles from Graham and helped him fit his replacement fan resistor.

bigbird 6th April 2014 22:07

If youve got the instructions its all self explanitry no wires to cut it was made to plug and play the feeding of the wires from the engine bay to the cab is the only fiddley bit

Geoff130 7th April 2014 10:58

Does anyone know how to connect to the IPK low coolant warning light or are you just going to fit an extra one in the dash somewhere?

Graham1961 7th April 2014 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbird (Post 1631993)

Hi there....Thanks or the kind offer, but i'm working that weekend