The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   weird running problems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=283720)

DJ_Steve 22nd May 2018 15:09

weird running problems

hello all,

i apologise for the format of this post i am not the best at writing these :)

i have had a 03 75 2.0 cdt(116) for around 6 months now and done close to 8k miles in that time, car runs 'ok' but i have noticed recently that it seems to be quite down on power below 2000 rpm, also it has started cutting out randomly if i accelerate hard some times, this seems to happen more regular with MAF plugged in but also happens with it unplugged.

have recently done full service (air,fuel,oil filters and oil change) about 1500miles ago

cars currently on just over 110k miles

also seems to be starting to stutter/hesitate on acceleration at points and at seemingly any rpm almost like its struggling for fuel and also sometimes it seems to rev/fuel limit quite harshly at about 4000-4250 rather than at redline.

im a bit stumped on what could cause this. maf i do suspect is on its way out but most of the issues continue with it unplugged. the other day it even seemed like it was running almost on 3 cyl the way it was missing on tickover but that has not happened again since.

i only have a simple bluetooth obd2 scanner which never shows fault codes or many information points so i can even check things like fuel pressures etc.

any suggestions appreciated, and does anyone around the newcastle/durham/sunderland area still have t4

suzublu 22nd May 2018 15:12

Marinabrian's your man:bowdown: or Dave Johnson ;)

DJ_Steve 22nd May 2018 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2632327)
Marinabrian's your man:bowdown: or Dave Johnson ;)

cheers for that, i was not sure they would still have t4 as the sticky post is a bit old now :)

marinabrian 22nd May 2018 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Steve (Post 2632336)
cheers for that, i was not sure they would still have t4 as the sticky post is a bit old now :)

Hmm, running on three Steve, have you checked the ECM hasn't been swimming yet?

The injector drive circuitry is near the bottom of the board adjacent to the fuel pump relay driver and CANBUS controller.

Anyway I've replied to your PM, so I'm sure we can put this to bed for you ;)

Brian :D

DJ_Steve 22nd May 2018 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2632358)
Hmm, running on three Steve, have you checked the ECM hasn't been swimming yet?

The injector drive circuitry is near the bottom of the board adjacent to the fuel pump relay driver and CANBUS controller.

Anyway I've replied to your PM, so I'm sure we can put this to bed for you ;)

Brian :D

its only done the 'running on three' thing once and moreso noticable at tickover. but it also discovered that the leakoff connector for injector 1 (furthest left injector) was not seated correctly and although it was not leaking diesel and was secure i still suspect it may have had an effect as the issue stopped once i rettached that. the cutting out etc is still an active problem and i am currently running with maf unplugged as it seems slightly more reliable with it unplugged.

yes i saw the pm and i will drop you a message when i have the cash to sort out a diag :)