The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Member? How did you find us? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2189)

paulanthony 13th October 2015 19:09

Hello

I have just purchased a 2.5 litre Rover 75 Club SE Automatic. Year of manufacture 2000. Very much a new boy but have had Rovers before.

dokman01 21st October 2015 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 21923)
Are you a new member to the club? How did you hear about us?

I have been a follower of this forum for a number of years because I have always wanted a Rover 75. I thought what better way to get to know about these cars than to follow the day to day good and bad things that happen with these beautiful cars. Now that my existing car has passed on to the happy hunting grounds I finally could own one of these Rover 75’s.
I have followed the threads about the automatic gearbox “no reverse gear” with interest as I have had my eye on a Rover with just such a problem but in beautiful condition. I took the plunge and will be fetching her this afternoon near Amsterdam.
Plan of action – using the prescribed ATF change and top up the box and see if this solves the problem. If not, have the solenoids measured/checked through a T4 and where necessary replace as per the threads I have found. If not then the plunge and replace the reverse piston as per the threads…..
The Rover drives in forward smoothly without any problems or noises. Any hints / idea’s from the Forum will gladly be received and I will keep you posted on my progress.
Thank you for welcoming me to your forum.
Dokman01

Jules 21st October 2015 08:31

Hi and welcome!

Reverse gear on Jatco 506 is unlikely to fail and not really related to reverse piston strange as it may sound !

Sounds more like gear selection cable alignment or valve block fault?
Keep us informed .

Bispers 4th December 2015 23:02

Thanks for the Welcome

I found the site after a Google search and viewing the excellent Buyers Guide - what a great resource.

I did just try to reply to a member who has advertised a car for sale. Is that because I'm not currently a subscribing member, or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

Dragrad 4th December 2015 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bispers (Post 2161295)
I found the site after a Google search and viewing the excellent Buyers Guide - what a great resource.

I did just try to reply to a member who has advertised a car for sale. Is that because I'm not currently a subscribing member, or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

You have a PM :icon_lol:

reclamation ray 14th December 2015 18:20

Quote:

I was pointed in your direction by my good friend willienelson, I have been perusing the various threads and I am very impressed with the help and advice given to any question raised no matter how silly it may sound.

electrocop 15th December 2015 18:31

In my case, I was recommended to the site by the guy I bought my 75 from - he was already a member

Alikris 23rd December 2015 17:31

I found yous doing an internet search for what to look for when buying a new car. I did the Plenum check before buying Vicky, so thank you very much for that!

Ali.

matt55 30th December 2015 17:32

Quote:

Hi Simon i found it on the net looking for rear light seals , im a new member .
I would like to wish everyone festive greetings . :xmas-smiley-012:

kielder 2nd January 2016 13:17

joining rover 75 club

Hi folks,
Have always liked the Rover 75,s. Bought a caravan end of 2015 season and was a little worried about our car's ability to tow it. Volvo v50 1.8 petrol. owned for 2 years and cost an absolute fortune to maintain. Saw a few Rover tourers advertised on various sites and actually bought a rover 75 club tourer on Thursday ( New Years eve ). 2 previous owners, full service history, 71,000 miles and in pristine condition. - I am now smitten ! Great car to drive, excellent fuel economy ( being a diesel ). What more can i say. joined your club the same day, so i,m afraid to say - you might be stuck with me !:grin: