The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Just ordered UNIROYAL RAINSPORT 3s for my MG ZT-T 1.8T (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278537)

Abott10 24th January 2018 14:21

Just ordered UNIROYAL RAINSPORT 3s for my MG ZT-T 1.8T

I decided to buy Rainsport 3s for the ZT-T. I found Camskill can supply them for £363.00 all in delivered. That's about fifty quid less than previous best price searches .. They are on the way and will be fitted to a set of bare, refurbished sliver Gridspoke Alloy Wheels I have prepared last year for this very purpose. ... the car currently has 18" Hairpins from the MK1 cars.

CAMSKILL RAINSPORT 3 225/45/18 XL

T-Cut 24th January 2018 14:54

Snap! I've recently fitted four Rainsport 3's to the wife's Sportage. They're a nice tyre.

TC

kitt 25th January 2018 08:18

I fitted the Rainsport 3's to my ZT after the ones fitted (Cheap nasty ones) put me into a nice 180 spin on a city centre traffic island!!!!! Wow brown pants time!!!! :eek:

Just had to replace an almost new rear one due to a nail right on the edge Grrrrrr :mad: They aren’t cheap but fantastic grip but do wear out a bit quick on the front or is that just my vigorous driving?

Fox3 25th January 2018 09:11

I've got these fitted to my Mondeo, and will get them on the ZT when its due a fresh set.

Fantastic tyres, also good in the snow as I found out last week!

marinabrian 25th January 2018 16:54

I quite like the Avon ZZ5, nicer pattern than the Uniroyal RS3, quieter, and better still Made in England :drool4:

Price is comparable too ;)

Brian :D

dbt01 25th January 2018 17:12

Just had 4 fitted to my R75V8 and very pleased with them. Comfort, road-noise both much better than the ContiSport's. Handling and wet grip at least as good as the Conti's, and here in NL at least, about 20% cheaper.

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 25th January 2018 17:21

I fitted these Rainsport 3s to my Zafira last winter they cost £61 each from Tyreleader for a 225/45R17.
I put them on the back for the summer and then put them on the front again this winter to make them last a bit longer. I alternate them with Bridgestone Potenza S001, which is not too shabby in the wet either.
They drive very well in the wet and I do a fair bit of A road driving, I don't hang about, and they have never let me down. I picked them because they had the best wet weather reviews.

marinabrian 25th January 2018 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2588416)
Just had 4 fitted to my R75V8 and very pleased with them. Comfort, road-noise both much better than the ContiSport's. Handling and wet grip at least as good as the Conti's, and here in NL at least, about 20% cheaper.

You will find they wear out much quicker than the Contisport David, but they are quieter.

I have RS3 fitted to my 11 spokes on my 75, but when shopping to replace the three week old Continental that burst on my ZT, I fitted two Avon ZZ5, which are quieter again :drool4:

So impressed with the Avons, I intend to use four Avon ZZ7 on the Serpents once they've been refurbished.

Rick-sta 25th January 2018 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2588411)
I quite like the Avon ZZ5, nicer pattern than the Uniroyal RS3, quieter, and better still Made in England :drool4:

Price is comparable too ;)

The RS3's are a fantastic tyre when it comes to grip, especially in the wet. But unfortunately they just wear down way too quickly. I must have averaged about 6000 - 8000 miles per set before they needed changing again. Going to try out Avon ZZ5 next, if Brian's raving about them then they must be good :D

rrobson 25th January 2018 19:55

If your fitting a full set happy days. I fitted some to an old car but only to the front and found the rear much eager to break traction in the wet which made things interesting! They give a false sense of security if not fitted as a full set...