The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Update on leak and clutch judder (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11061)

CDTi 26th October 2007 21:30

Update on leak and clutch judder

Update on this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=7998. I started another thread as another issue has also been sorted :)

To recap, I have had a wet passenger footwell for months now. I think it has probably been wet since new. I took it back to the garage for the third time with this problem a few weeks ago. It has now been sorted - or so I am told.

Anyway the reason for starting a new thread is that my clutch and flywheel have also been replaced. I have mentioned here in the past that I have the dreaded clutch judder and I have also mentioned it to the garage each time I have gone back with the leak. Unfortunately the judder is intermittent and so is hard to diagnose.

On the third leak visit, however, the judder manifested itself and the car was dismantled to find cause of same. I have been informed that the source of the problem was a slight play in the flywheel :shrug:. In any event, the clutch and flywheel have now been replaced - all under warranty, of course.

So I am getting my baby back tomorrow. My courtesy car for the past 2 weeks was a 1.8 petrol. Would all diesels owners agree that the diesel drives so much better?. I can't describe it, but the petrol seems more "lumbering" to drive.

Hope the leak is fixed :D

Kandyman 26th October 2007 21:42

Great news :)

and all under warranty as well :D

the 18 is under powered for the size of the car a 18T is not bad.

CDTi 26th October 2007 21:52

Thanks Andy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandyman (Post 98818)
the 18 is under powered for the size of the car a 18T is not bad.

It isn't really the power - in fact the low rev pull of the petrol was quite an enjoyable change from the CDTi.

The diesel just seems a more sporty drive. I know this statement may sound a bit daft i.e. diesel more sporty than petrol, but that is the best way that I can describe the difference.

Probably something to do with the heavy diesel engine at the front of the car.

Mike 26th October 2007 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDTi (Post 98827)
I know this statement may sound a bit daft i.e. diesel more sporty than petrol, but that is the best way that I can describe the difference...............

Hmm.........have you seen your Doctor recently? ;)

Try a two week prescription of the KV6 wonder drug - all your problems will be over (well nearly all - your wallet could be a trifle lighter :) )

Glad it's all sorted for you.

trebor 26th October 2007 22:04

Never driven a petrol but can confirm that the CDTi is far superior to my previous CDT.

I have recently bought another conny as below and was very pleased to receive the warranty through the post a few days ago which said that the clutch is covered !

CDTi 26th October 2007 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 98830)
Try a two week prescription of the KV6 wonder drug - all your problems will be over (well nearly all - your wallet could be a trifle lighter :) )

Fair point, Mike. But my CDTi does well over 50 MPG so I think I'll keep her for a while yet :D

dustybin 27th October 2007 11:46

You have 200cc more than me, but 100kg heavier so i donīt see how a 1.8t lumbers down the road, our 0-60 is quicker and we donīt even haft to modify our engineīs...iīll keep the turbo thankīs , and watch you get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror..

Mike 27th October 2007 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDTi (Post 98840)
But my CDTi does well over 50 MPG so I think I'll keep her for a while yet :D

Grrrrr.........don't you just hate it whenever CDT owners start talking mpg;)

dustybin 27th October 2007 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 98993)
Grrrrr.........don't you just hate it whenever CDT owners start talking mpg;)

Yeh, but thats the only good thing about them.........

CDTi 27th October 2007 12:32

Just back from collecting my CDTi and there is a HUGE difference between the 2 cars.

The courtesy car was a 1.8 NASP mk1 and my CDTi is a facelift. My own car is a much stiffer & sporty drive.

Do the facelifts have a stiffer suspension by any chance? Or maybe the shocks were gone in the courtesy car but I don't think so :shrug:

Or maybe I have a ZT suspension in my 75 :confused:

Whatever the reason, it is like driving 2 different cars and I know which one I prefer :D