The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   That time of year Insurance? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304897)

Rev Jules 14th May 2020 12:36

That time of year Insurance?

Insurance due up in June, current insurer Hastings direct sent a new multi car quote Of £629.27, realising and forgot I am a retired Civil Servant I decided to get a quote from Boundless part of the CSMA, anyway got a quote for £556.91
so rang up Hastings to tell them I would not be renewing, why is that then sir, well I can get it for £72.36 cheaper through a Civil Service Insurance, which goes through the Liverpool And Victoria Insurance Company.

I don't think I can match that says he! tapping away, he comes back and says I can match that price, that's fine by me I replied, he then says is there anything I can do for you, being cheeky I say to him well! could you knock of a couple more quid, let me have a look he replied yes there is a bit of leeway there how does £552.00 sound, I am happy with that.

Rev.

FLYING BANANA 14th May 2020 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2812538)
Insurance due up in June, current insurer Hastings direct sent a new multi car quote Of £629.27, realising and forgot I am a retired Civil Servant I decided to get a quote from Boundless part of the CSMA, anyway got a quote for £556.91
so rang up Hastings to tell them I would not be renewing, why is that then sir, well I can get it for £72.36 cheaper through a Civil Service Insurance, which goes through the Liverpool And Victoria Insurance Company.

I don't think I can match that says he! tapping away, he comes back and says I can match that price, that's fine by me I replied, he then says is there anything I can do for you, being cheeky I say to him well! could you knock of a couple more quid, let me have a look he replied yes there is a bit of leeway there how does £552.00 sound, I am happy with that.

Rev.

That's a good saving, but no doubt Dawn will have spent the saving by the weekend.

Rogue 14th May 2020 15:49

I dropped mine by £100ish merely by calling and querying the quote as it had gone up significantly. Bearing in mind last years insurance cost me just shy of £200 the £100 i saved was what the insurance company had added for no apparent change in circumstances. Robbing gits :mad:

Lancpudn 14th May 2020 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2812538)

Rev.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nUT...FWmI/giphy.gif :D

RoverP480 14th May 2020 16:55

I have in principal not renewed with an existing company when they can find that amount of money to knock of the renewal premium.

Rev Jules 15th May 2020 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2812573)

Shut ya! face you, you, thing on legs. LOL!.

Rev

Rev Jules 15th May 2020 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2812553)
That's a good saving, but no doubt Dawn will have spent the saving by the weekend.

How right you are, Oh good we can now buy these curtains for the living room. WTF!!!

Rev.

wizzo337 15th May 2020 23:18

At this year's renewal point I had two cars. An MG ZT CDTI and an MG ZS 120 1.8. Aviva wanted to autorenew my multicar insurance for £950, up from £740 last year. No convictions no accidents. I thought no way am I paying that. So after a bit of shopping around I've managed to get them both insured separately with two different companies for less than £550. It's left me enough to get myself a ZT 1.8t to do up for this covid lockdown that I won't be out of till mid July. Moral of the story, never autorenew your insurance, especially with Aviva. They will rob you.

LeRich 17th May 2020 07:49

Never accept your renewal. Renewal quotes are always far more expensive than new business as they rely on complacency and never reward loyalty. It is so easy to shop around for insurance and save a fortune.

I always buy my insurance via a cashback provider such as Quidco or Topcashback. I recently re-insuranced the 75 and our Mazda 6. Both cars were on an Admiral Multicar policy (what a waste of time...) with the renewal coming in at £100 more than last year's premium. I've now insured the cars through esure on two separate policies for over £100 less than my combined renewal and will earn £90 cashback via Quidco on top.