The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Old Bones 75 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301092)

Jay 25th November 2019 23:31

Old Bones 75

I am surprised that Old Bones hasn't not been snapped up for £350 from the members cars for sale. She is a real beaut <3 and loved and a members car. The stereo must be worth almost that ;)

I do not do enough miles now days to keep a battery alive long enough with the alternator recharging big cars, My second car is a 3.2L and the battery is flat already (but it has been 12 weeks) hence the 1.1 Kia Picanto I have now as a run around.

I suppose we all can have only so many cars but I wish Old Bones the best in her future life :)

SideValve 26th November 2019 05:52

Me too - for that money you'd usually be expecting a neglected heap that was lucky to get to the end of the driveway

Dawn 26th November 2019 06:24

Its probably the time of year. It was this time of year I sold her and my black one and it was the same. I think near xmas you need the wider audience of Ebay to sell stuff.

SD1too 26th November 2019 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2778150)
Its probably the time of year.

:wss:

Quentin Willson said that November is the best time to buy a car because no-one else is! If Bones can hang on until the spring he/she'll have an improved chance of finding a new home.

Simon

Jay 26th November 2019 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideValve (Post 2778148)
Me too - for that money you'd usually be expecting a neglected heap that was lucky to get to the end of the driveway

Spot on, SideValve:}

My cheap Kia was £730 and then you can only open the central locking system by the passenger key and it loses some coolent and has a few dents.

Simondi 26th November 2019 20:34

I was seriously considering it but unfortunately the insurance proved to be prohibitive

marinabrian 26th November 2019 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2778264)
I was seriously considering it but unfortunately the insurance proved to be prohibitive

Can you not get a classic policy Simon, based on the age of the car?

I would have quite happily rehomed Bones, however I don't think the purists would have approved of a 250BHP 1800T manual conversion...........I cannot live with an automatic, especially an 1800 NASP I'm far too young :getmecoat:

Brian :D

marinabrian 26th November 2019 20:41

However if the ZT fails it's upcoming MOT, then.............no no no no :duh:

P.S. I'd be in the market for something I don't need to spend a lot of time underneath :cool:

Comfortably Numb 26th November 2019 21:00

Shame you don't have somewhere to keep it off the road until the spring arrives, and just take the battery off it, and keep it on a trickle charge. My SORNED MGF has killed its battery through slow leakage over the weeks. I forgot to disconnect the battery since last time I took it for a run up the back lane. We currently have 3 vehicles in use, and 3 SORNED, 2 of which are good cars with long MoTs, but as you say, no- one is buying at the moment, especially older cars. Yet they'll go out and sign up on the never-never for a soul-less modern box that costs more per month in payments and depreciation than a fleet of Rovers maintained at no expense spared. Perhaps we are a dying breed of people who actually own and repair cars. PS I took the dead battery to my local scrappie, and PXed it for £20 for a fully charged, as new one off a scrapper. I could have had an equally good, bigger one, to suit the CDT, for the same money, but it wouldn't fit the F's battery tray.

Simondi 26th November 2019 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2778267)
Can you not get a classic policy Simon, based on the age of the car?
:

My ZT is on a classic policy and very reasonably priced, Bones was working out almost three times as expensive. Tried a few standard and classic insurance providers and all much the same