The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruise Control dosent work (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=138125)

leigh 20th February 2013 20:19

Cruise Control dosent work

Hi my cruise control dosent work any ideas what could be wrong?????

oldcarguy 20th February 2013 21:18

Can you be a bit more specific?

Mike Noc 21st February 2013 09:56

Common for the switch above the clutch pedal to need clicking back down in place so that in can sense the pedal.

Mike

leigh 21st February 2013 16:14

Thanks I will have a look to see if it is the switch.

All I can really say is that when I try and turn on the cruise control the car slows down other that I don't know how to explain it:shrug:

crashmarks 21st February 2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh (Post 1229179)
Thanks I will have a look to see if it is the switch.

All I can really say is that when I try and turn on the cruise control the car slows down other that I don't know how to explain it:shrug:

Have you followed the instructions in the owners manual to activate the cruse control ? how far do you get with the procedure ?

Mike Noc 21st February 2013 16:20

When you press the switch on the centre consul button bar does the switch itself light up?

It should do, and then when you engage cruise via the steering wheel switch the cruise icon in the instument panel should also light up. :D

leigh 21st February 2013 16:34

Hi I'm just away to look in the book.

The light does come on just checked.

Parker 21st February 2013 16:54

If the switch light comes on that does not necessarily mean your cruise is engaged, as stated above a second yellow motorway symbol should also show up on the dash once you have set the cruise via the switch on the steering wheel.

leigh 21st February 2013 17:18

Now I'm not sure about the pic on the instrument panel I will check when I go out later. If the pic dosent come on then what could be the problem.

SapperGB 21st February 2013 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 1228880)
Common for the switch above the clutch pedal to need clicking back down in place so that in can sense the pedal.

Mike

It'll be this, im sure of it. I had the same problem after my clutch change, the garage didn't fit the clip onto the pedal correctly, just reach up along the rear of your clutch pedal lever and feel for for a squareish clip (if I recall its white) then gently pull the clip towards the pedal lever (you will be pulling towards the rear of the car and up slightly).
You should feel a click, this is the clip engaging.

your car will seem to slow down if the cruise isn't working that's because,

1) you press set on your wheel switch
2) you take your foot off the gas :)