The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Easy to change front headlight bulb? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28335)

stonesfan 27th October 2008 17:24

Easy to change front headlight bulb?

My O/S dipped beam bulb is not working. Presume this is easy to change? Do I have to undo anything to make it more accessible, as it looks like its tucked away behind something.

Thanks

Kandyman 27th October 2008 17:33

Hi There,

You can access the back of the units via the wheel arch inspection plate, either remove the road or put it on full lock to give you better access.

stonesfan 27th October 2008 17:50

Thanks

How can I tell if they are the HIDs or not? I don't think they are, theres not that blueish tint to the front lights.

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandyman (Post 245795)
Hi There,

You can access the back of the units via the wheel arch inspection plate, either remove the road or put it on full lock to give you better access.

Jules 27th October 2008 18:20

If they were Xenons you can clearly see the Xenon logo through the front lens.;)

stonesfan 27th October 2008 21:29

cheers for all this. ended up popping down to halfords and paying a few quid for someone to do it.

Only thing is, its seems less bright than the N/S. The bulb I bought is a standard replacement. Are there brighter bulbs than standards? Maybe the N/S has one of those.

crofts 28th October 2008 03:28

Bulbs

I am surprised the Halfords guy didn't show you the different bulbs.
Many of us have fitted the Osram or Philips 50% brighter bulbs which do give a better light.
I think it is Philips who have brought out another bulb that is supposed to be even brighter but are quite pricey compared to standard bulbs.

stonesfan 28th October 2008 23:47

Turned out to be bodged fit by Halfords chappie!! Bulb was not sitting properly and virtually dropped out when he had another look earlier. However, fair play to him, he apologised and sorted it all out there and then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crofts (Post 246033)
I am surprised the Halfords guy didn't show you the different bulbs.
Many of us have fitted the Osram or Philips 50% brighter bulbs which do give a better light.
I think it is Philips who have brought out another bulb that is supposed to be even brighter but are quite pricey compared to standard bulbs.

kevin 29th October 2008 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandyman (Post 245795)
Hi There,

Kandyman, please can you do a how to.
as I and others know how to remove the wheel. but the ROAD never done that. put the road on full lock how ??:shrug::getmecoat:

stocktake 29th October 2008 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 246380)
Kandyman, please can you do a how to.
as I and others know how to remove the wheel. but the ROAD never done that. put the road on full lock how ??:shrug::getmecoat:

Yep I saw that one but learnt not to mess with Kandyman :D