The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Coming Out (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319446)

planenut 2nd June 2022 17:43

Coming Out

If I openly declare myself as being straight heterosexual, would anybody be interested? I doubt it.

Why should it amount to such a song and mincing dance for others choosing a different way to announce it?

Simondi 2nd June 2022 18:17

If it doesn't matter to you why post:shrug:

As to those celebrating pride, it may have something to do with the way many LGBTQ+ have historically been mis treated and in many cases still are.

As to your own sexuality, good for you. However you identify the main thing is to treat you with the same dignity and respect as others.

macafee2 2nd June 2022 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2934142)
If I openly declare myself as being straight heterosexual, would anybody be interested? I doubt it.

Why should it amount to such a song and mincing dance for others choosing a different way to announce it?

I too am bewildered why anyone wants to go round telling others of the preference or what the purpose is of telling others.

macafee2

COLVERT 5th June 2022 11:55

Quote:

You, and 50% of the worlds population--:shrug:

Could be that you are advertising yourself as available to the opposite sex.---:D:D:D

( You might just get lucky.--:cool: ).

MSS 5th June 2022 12:10

Quote:

Ah, what a boy you are.....a challenge!

I'm very interested. Tell me more, sweetie...:D:D:D

MSS 5th June 2022 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2934465)
Y..........

Could be that you are advertising yourself as available to the opposite sex.---:D:D:D

Or to the same sex but in a stealthy, measured way.

Perhaps Fred's inner self is longing to tell him the truth about himself that he has not yet discovered? :D

wraymond 5th June 2022 14:37

It's always puzzled me as to why the soubriquet 'pride' has been owned by, and to, the detriment of all others, to indicate, what, exactly? Can't see any advantage of being proud of one's sexuality. It is what it is. There is now almost an alphabet of preferences as if anyone was interested. I await with bated breath for 'BB'. Butch Bricklayer, just in case anybody was wondering...

COLVERT 5th June 2022 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2934494)
It's always puzzled me as to why the soubriquet 'pride' has been owned by, and to, the detriment of all others, to indicate, what, exactly? Can't see any advantage of being proud of one's sexuality. It is what it is. There is now almost an alphabet of preferences as if anyone was interested. I await with bated breath for 'BB'. Butch Bricklayer, just in case anybody was wondering...

My dictionary says---soubriquet-----A nickname or a tap under the chin.--:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Clear as mud to me.---:getmecoat:

Number 6 5th June 2022 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2934546)
My dictionary says---soubriquet-----A nickname or a tap under the chin.--:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Clear as mud to me.---:getmecoat:

A sobriquet, or soubriquet, is a nickname, sometimes assumed, but often given by another, that is descriptive. A sobriquet is distinct from a pseudonym, as it is typically a familiar name used in place of a real name, without the need of explanation, and it often becomes more familiar than the original name.

MSS 5th June 2022 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2934547)
A sobriquet, or soubriquet, is a nickname, sometimes assumed, but often given by another, that is descriptive. A sobriquet is distinct from a pseudonym, as it is typically a familiar name used in place of a real name, without the need of explanation, and it often becomes more familiar than the original name.

So, in a word, totally irrelevant in the context here but is long and sounds impressive! :}