The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   8pm applause for NHS and other staff (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303840)

Astraeus 26th March 2020 19:13

8pm applause for NHS and other staff

Well, pretty miserable here tonight so I was pleasantly surprised that most in our cul de sac were out clapping.
That little bit of human contact with neighbours nice too
If you are a critical worker be that NHS, food supplier/retail worker, transport , and other essential services you have our sincere thanks

:bowdown::bowdown:

Chris and Wendy

rontug 26th March 2020 19:40

Lots of applause here in Liverpool including fireworks, brought a tear to the eyes.

sworks 26th March 2020 20:26

Myself and my wife stood at our front door clapping and were amazed at the amount of noise. Our house is on a hill overlooking the town and the support on our estate and the town was amazing. You could hear the clapping and cheering in the town, it was quite emotional

SCP440 26th March 2020 20:39

We live at the end of the village and it amazed me how much we could here. Even the posh house opposite were out making a lot of noise.

I hope this carries on so they know what we think of them.

Simondi 26th March 2020 20:45

Same in Kilwinning, a great turnout

macafee2 26th March 2020 20:58

wife and I stood at the front door and clapped. We heard I think one other person or couple clapping across the fields but that was it.

I did feel stupid.

I'd like some of the nurses, doctors, paramedics, cleaners to say they appreciate it.
It is a really nice gesture and one that perhaps says more then words

macafee2

BoroRover 26th March 2020 21:11

The turnout in my cul-de-sac was excellent. Lots of clapping and cheering, fireworks by the dozen. Living near the main hospital in Boro it was all the more significant, to me anyway.

Let's make March 26th national NHS Day. :bowdown::bowdown:

Dallas 26th March 2020 21:17

Damn, I forget all about it. :duh:

I'm clapping now :clap:

Well done to all the critical key workers everywhere, what an amazing job you are all doing.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

rontug 26th March 2020 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2801708)
wife and I stood at the front door and clapped. We heard I think one other person or couple clapping across the fields but that was it.

I did feel stupid.

I'd like some of the nurses, doctors, paramedics, cleaners to say they appreciate it.
It is a really nice gesture and one that perhaps says more then words

macafee2

No need to feel stupid you were with Thousands of others

Gate Keeper 27th March 2020 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2801708)

macafee2

There are members of this club who are NHS staff, doctors, dentists, nurses, paramedics, ambulance crew, cleaners, Admin, Hospital porters or Hospital Van drivers, who I am sure they are all very grateful to you and the nation for clapping. I am ex-NHS 30 plus years retired Registered nurse. I am very happy to thank you on behalf of my former colleagues. I expect they will be rushed off their feet without a minute to spare for themselves, but thank you very much for the thought, you are appreciated :}