The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ZT rear window trim refurbishment. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=215931)

daveb57 10th May 2015 20:28

ZT rear window trim refurbishment.

Hi all,

Having re purchased my ZT, the rear window trim which was starting to loose it's covering of whatever it is on it, has deteriorated further.

Whilst the car was away, I did pop in now and again to see what was happening and remember seeing a thread about this somewhere.

Have tried to see if I can find it, but to no avail I'm afraid.

Anybody able to help me this one as it is letting the car down a bit now and I would like to get her back to where she should be.

Many thanks,

Dave. :}

LotusLC 10th May 2015 20:42

You could maybe try this but a lot of masking would be needed and a dry day
http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tra...ed-black-300ml

Steven.walsh 11th May 2015 12:44

Hi Dave I have same issue be interested if you have a go to report back on how it looks, mines really bad and chipping away revealing the chrome,;rest of car immaculate.

Dallas 11th May 2015 12:51

Mine is also doing the same, black paint cracking & chipping away revealing the chrome underneath.

I like chrome, but when its been painted black from the factory, and starts chipping away years later, it doesn't look good. :eek:

I can pick away at the black paint and it will chip off quite easy, its going to take along time to pick it all off though. :shrug:

Lynyrd Skynner 11th May 2015 13:00

Well as it happens I did mine this weekend , it was a trail run to see how it would come out so when I get home after work , around 18.30 , I will do some pictures and put them on here for you opinions .....

Steven.walsh 11th May 2015 13:23

Nice one Steve,
Was a little reluctant to go down that route but couldnt really see another way round it, mine looks really messy, like you don't mind the chrome look.
Seems I too will be following siute...........
Toodleloo
Steve

flying_pig 11th May 2015 14:12

Got a good condition one here but its collection only:getmecoat:

Steven.walsh 11th May 2015 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by flying_pig (Post 1997174)
Got a good condition one here but its collection only:getmecoat:

Hi Mike,
Now then that's interesting as am at some point collecting free seats from Organiser (Tom) from Walsall a little further on from you, they for my ZT-T am doing the 2 ball rally, poor mans Gumball in August in aid of charity, Alzheimer's, so could stop off and collect. What sort of monies are you looking for, silly question but assume its the surround for the saloon MG ZT for the back window you are referring too, don't suppose you know if they are they easy to remove and replace.
Many thanks for the heads up.
Take care
Steve

flying_pig 11th May 2015 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven.walsh (Post 1997246)
Hi Mike,
Now then that's interesting as am at some point collecting free seats from Organiser (Tom) from Walsall a little further on from you, they for my ZT-T am doing the 2 ball rally, poor mans Gumball in August in aid of charity, Alzheimer's, so could stop off and collect. What sort of monies are you looking for, silly question but assume its the surround for the saloon MG ZT for the back window you are referring too, don't suppose you know if they are they easy to remove and replace.
Many thanks for the heads up.
Take care
Steve

To be honest with you never removed one before but i dont think its something hard to get off
Im about 5 miles away from Walsall obviously depending of the post code
Im less than 2 miles away from j1 M54

Steven.walsh 11th May 2015 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by flying_pig (Post 1997249)
To be honest with you never removed one before but i dont think its something hard to get off
Im about 5 miles away from Walsall obviously depending of the post code
Im less than 2 miles away from j1 M54

Cheers Mike,
Will for sure take you up on this,
will firm up with Tom regarding seats and see if that works for you,
will I suspect be early evening around 7ish within the next week or so,
will PM you soon as I have confirmation.
Thank you
Steve