The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Member? How did you find us? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2189)

Simon 15th January 2007 00:38

New Member? How did you find us?

Are you a new member to the club? How did you hear about us?

Christopher 15th January 2007 07:58

Good one Simon - like it ;)

rdholmes 15th January 2007 08:29

Great idea,

I noticed that the "old" site, is still drawing in new members and whilst we're not in competition as many of us view both sites, it would be nice to think that everyone that finds that site finds this one too.

cheers

JohnDotCom 15th January 2007 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdholmes (Post 21948)
Great idea,

I noticed that the "old" site, is still drawing in new members and whilst we're not in competition as many of us view both sites, it would be nice to think that everyone that finds that site finds this one too.

cheers

I think its because the Dark Side gets higher Billing on Internet searches even though their "Fees" are a lot more expensive, must admit I still use both so as not to miss anything.

Tom Collins 15th January 2007 15:03

Found it via the dark side, i do still look at that, but it's much nicer here.

mach1rob 15th January 2007 15:21

You can all blame Raistlin for me being here :p: Buck passed!

If the "old site" is the one I think you mean I've almost made 50% of the posts on this forum as I have there, and I've been a member there since 04!

lady zed 15th January 2007 15:26

I was head hunted ;) I post on general chat in .org hardly ever really look at the 75 section to be honest. Popped in now and again and wondered why it was so quiet. Anyway grey ghost and kandyman got hold of me and dragged me here kicking and screaming. Think they just wanted someone to poke fun at. :grouphug:

Chilljohn 15th January 2007 15:29

the dark side became rather quiet so i just followed everyone here that and overmoderation on the other place kinda drew the line :)

JohnDotCom 15th January 2007 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilljohn (Post 22065)
the dark side became rather quiet so i just followed everyone here that and overmoderation on the other place kinda drew the line :)

Your not Joking about the Over Moderation, I just added some asterisks inbetween letters to show a common word that others had used, and got a Infraction for Swearing, because I bypassed the Filter, this has not been removed even after expiring. Getting "Told Off" isn't even on a regular or balanced nature! This is the Friendly side where the Filter Copes and NORMAL words do not result in Ridicule, we all no what not to use on a Public Forum.

mach1rob 15th January 2007 16:53

Ahh, so it's not just me then that thinks... well lets not say what I think;)

Chilljohn 15th January 2007 16:56

no nor me i put it the best way i could all ill say is i hope the "super moderator" stays there
theres also a lot less spam here too , which is nice
all this of course are my own views

GreyGhost 15th January 2007 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 22064)
I was head hunted ;) I post on general chat in .org hardly ever really look at the 75 section to be honest. Popped in now and again and wondered why it was so quiet. Anyway grey ghost and kandyman got hold of me and dragged me here kicking and screaming. Think they just wanted someone to poke fun at. :grouphug:

We both regard you as a friend (well I do, can't really speak for someone else) and having chatted severally with you over there, thought you might like to join in with a thoroughly civillised and gently moderated forum. You do also have the pre-requisites for belonging and she is a lovely colour. :lol:

I enjoyed the kicking and screaming bit. Fancy another go? :laughing2:

mach1rob 15th January 2007 17:04

:bigsmile: Never posted there that much in the first place, then they banned a fellow mod from Rovertech for posting the gif of the 'OVER' badge, and once they started wanting subscriptions before you could post in certain areas I stopped using it as that was the only place I'd been posting! A friend of mine was banned for speaking out about a certain dodgy well, I'd user the word tuner, but that'd give him ideas above his station! Now they've been proved correct, he's reluctantly been allowed back on :oops:

Nick Hoare 15th January 2007 17:04

I got here via "The other side" and found the other side while doing a search for info on Rover 75's when I was looking to buy one. Best ever search result I have ever had in my whole entire life. :) :D

GreyGhost 15th January 2007 17:08

Since starting this forum nobody has been issued with an infraction, a few swear words have been removed (nobody reprimanded they are all in common parlance) and one or 2 jokes that were a bit too near the mark have also been removed. Always with a polite PM saying why and asking to be a little more circumspect. We do have a few kiddies that log on, Mikes kids Christophers and Keiths eldest to name just the ones I know about, they'll here this stuff soon enough but we'd rather not from here.
There is no need for Heavy Handed moderating, this is your club not ours and as such you all treat it and each other with respect.

Chilljohn 15th January 2007 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 22120)
Since starting this forum nobody has been issued with an infraction, a few swear words have been removed (nobody reprimanded they are all in common parlance) and one or 2 jokes that were a bit too near the mark have also been removed. Always with a polite PM saying why and asking to be a little more circumspect. We do have a few kiddies that log on, Mikes kids Christophers and Keiths eldest to name just the ones I know about, they'll here this stuff soon enough but we'd rather not from here.
There is no need for Heavy Handed moderating, this is your club not ours and as such you all treat it and each other with respect.

well put that man , thats why the family moved :) and all your efforts are noticed and enjoyed (well not yours alone ;) )

JohnDotCom 15th January 2007 17:18

Thanks To All

Grey Ghost Said: Since starting this forum nobody has been issued with an infraction, a few swear words have been removed (nobody reprimanded they are all in common parlance) and one or 2 jokes that were a bit too near the mark have also been removed. Always with a polite PM saying why and asking to be a little more circumspect. We do have a few kiddies that log on, Mikes kids Christophers and Keiths eldest to name just the ones I know about, they'll here this stuff soon enough but we'd rather not from here.

:iagree: Wot This Forum is Run Far better in my opinion and the results show, its also run on a Fraction of the Budget, I would like to thank all the People Involved in the setting up, Runing and Moderating for using common sense when required and giving us this very useful tool to sort out Problems, and a way to chat with like minded persons with pleasent banter.

T H A N K S

lady zed 15th January 2007 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 22106)
We both regard you as a friend (well I do, can't really speak for someone else) and having chatted severally with you over there, thought you might like to join in with a thoroughly civillised and gently moderated forum. You do also have the pre-requisites for belonging and she is a lovely colour. :lol:

I enjoyed the kicking and screaming bit. Fancy another go? :laughing2:

Awwww shucks :oh you:

Absolutely MM, you know I feel the same and I'm sure the blue goddess is most grateful that I post here too!! :luvya: xxxx

JohnDotCom 15th January 2007 17:38

Wher's the Colour Gone from Your Lovely Pic, Chick? (Still looks great though) Bet Ive missed a post somewhere?

lady zed 15th January 2007 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 22156)
Wher's the Colour Gone from Your Lovely Pic, Chick? (Still looks great though) Bet Ive missed a post somewhere?

That was an arty black and white one, I've got loads, I'll change it again in a while! Thanks for the compliment :luvya: xx

JohnDotCom 15th January 2007 18:08

Ah You send me to :cloud9:
:girl5:

Duotone 15th January 2007 18:25

How did you find us?

I hope someone votes on the poll, that they found us by flyer.
The number of flyers I have put on cars in the Leeds area should have bumped up the membership by loads.
Lets hope they do some good.

Dave T

JP53 15th January 2007 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 22186)
I hope someone votes on the poll, that they found us by flyer.
The number of flyers I have put on cars in the Leeds area should have bumped up the membership by loads.
Lets hope they do some good.

Dave T

I agree Duotone. I've done loads too! I've even put them through peoples letter boxes. I've got a supply at work and if I devolop any photo's with a 75/ZT on I pop one in the docket. ;) :D

Simon 15th January 2007 18:51

The idea of this thread is really to get an idea of how many newbies are being attracted via our flyering campaign. Let's hope any new members notice this thread and mark the poll accordingly... :lol:

On a side note, I joined after I signed up 'over there'. As soon as this Club forum went live I came over here like a rocket on fire... It's the bestest club in the world. ;) I enjoyed all the info and company from all of you lot 'over there' and I can happily report theres even more of the abundant help and good nature over here. Excellent. :D

JP53 15th January 2007 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 22204)
The idea of this thread is really to get an idea of how many newbies are being attracted via our flyering campaign. Let's hope any new members notice this thread and mark the poll accordingly... :lol:

On a side note, I joined after I signed up 'over there'. As soon as this Club forum went live I came over here like a rocket on fire... It's the bestest club in the world. ;) I enjoyed all the info and company from all of you lot 'over there' and I can happily report theres even more of the abundant help and good nature over here. Excellent. :D

I did the same Simon and you are right it is the bestest club in the world. It gets the 3 testist rating! :D

actros 15th January 2007 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Phillips (Post 22211)
I did the same Simon and you are right it is the bestest club in the world. It gets the 3 testist rating! :D

:i agree: on what everybody has said on here, but they forgot one thing youhave to be:nutters: :nutters: :laughing2: :laughing2:

Simon 15th January 2007 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Phillips (Post 22211)
It gets the 3 testist rating! :D

Wot :iagree: :bigsmile:

mach1rob 15th January 2007 19:34

Makes a change to get praise for being admin/mod on a site, normally you jet have to put up with the .. they throw at you! :rolleyes:

Zeb 15th January 2007 22:35

Followed from t'other side......too many glitches, too many overly-opinionated mods who act like the worst sort of school teachers AND it was so blinkin' dark!

Whereas here...t'is another story....;)

rdholmes 16th January 2007 15:27

Interesting to read all the comments, especially as I posted the 3rd msg on this and expected to be told off for discussing the dark side and not just completing the questionaire !!

I must admit to enjoying this site more ... :bowdown: .. but I have the odd look at the other side now and then.

Keep up the good work.
cheers

Keith 16th January 2007 17:01

I got a dodgy phone call from some Mike geezer in October :)

Keith 16th January 2007 17:09

Sorry posted the above before realising the entire thread had gone to pieces :D

We definately have three members here that have joined from my flyers as I have also put my email address on the bottom of mine and so I know so ner........... (how do you spell ner?)

Raistlin 16th January 2007 17:18

What is 'The Other Side'?

mach1rob 16th January 2007 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 22521)
(how do you spell ner?)

http://www.rovertech.net/forum/image...es/harhar1.gif like that normally :D

JohnDotCom 16th January 2007 17:37

Q: What is the Other Side?

Its another Rover Owners site with more expensive fees, harsher rules, Moderators and in my Opion not as Friendly etc. this is where most members have come from over here. (I Look on this as the Improved Luxury version) :bowdown:This is the BEST & only forum required,:bowdown: . Just do internet search to see other one.

JohnDotCom 16th January 2007 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 22521)
Sorry posted the above before realising the entire thread had gone to pieces :D

We definately have three members here that have joined from my flyers as I have also put my email address on the bottom of mine and so I know so ner........... (how do you spell ner?)

Ner is Good enough for me, Keith. :D
I put 'Introduced by JohnDotCom' on bottom of mine (flyers) don't generally see the Owners as Cars are generally in AirPort Car Parks.

Must learn to type even faster "Mach1rob" beat me to it.:pillow:

Raistlin 16th January 2007 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 22531)
Q: What is the Other Side?

Its another Rover Owners site with more expensive fees, harsher rules, Moderators and in my Opion not as Friendly etc. this is where most members have come from over here. (I Look on this as the Improved Luxury version) :bowdown:This is the BEST & only forum required,:bowdown: . Just do internet search to see other one.

Thanks John

For a minute I thought you meant Rovertech

JohnDotCom 16th January 2007 23:55

God No.....its the .org one LOL.

Simon 2nd February 2007 20:52

Just a little nudge for all our new members ;)

Gryphon 2nd February 2007 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by collit (Post 22053)
Found it via the dark side, i do still look at that, but it's much nicer here.

.............:wss:

Dave Goody 2nd February 2007 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 22120)

Poo, There, I insist on a reprimand !!:SHOCKED:

Simon 2nd February 2007 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 28270)
Poo, There, I insist on a reprimand !!:SHOCKED:

:pillow: There you go, consider yourself reprimanded :rofl:

On a more serious note: Has all of our flyering been to no avail? :(

Dave Goody 2nd February 2007 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 28273)
:pillow: There you go, consider yourself reprimanded :rofl:

On a more serious note: Has all of our flyering been to no avail? :(

Sorry it dosn't count, I insist on being admonished by a moderator ;)

Simon 2nd February 2007 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 28280)

:sad3: I know when I'm not wanted.... :ignore:

Maybe you should PM one of them and ask for a personal clouting.... :rofl:

JohnDotCom 3rd February 2007 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 28286)

I think they have all gone to :bed:
or are still out :wine::wine::wine::drunk:

GreyGhost 3rd February 2007 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 28280)

Oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it I give in.

:pillow: :pillow: :pillow: :pillow: :oh you: :flog2: :box:

Had enough yet?

Dave Goody 3rd February 2007 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 28286)
:sad3: I know when I'm not wanted.... :ignore:

I think they have all gone to bed ?:D

"Poo" !!

GreyGhost 3rd February 2007 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 28293)
I think they have all gone to bed ?:D

"Poo" !!

Would like a red card or a yellow card? :D :D :D B

BTW as this thread has disintercrumbled into the shambles you see before you it is moving house the social forum. :)

Dave Goody 3rd February 2007 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 28292)
Oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it I give in.

:pillow: :pillow: :pillow: :pillow: :oh you: :flog2: :box:

Had enough yet?

O dear, he did it while I was typing:getmecoat:

Dave Goody 3rd February 2007 00:20

Reasons to say rude things

I flew to Eindhoven yesterday, nearest airport to Beerse in Belgium where I had a meeting. Thick fog in Eindhoven so Ryanair could not land, so they landed at Neiderheim in Germany, 2 countries away so I think it fair to say
Poo:shrug:

Simon 3rd February 2007 00:22

Re: Thread's original topic

Bringing this thread back onto topic....

Any new members out there? Where did you hear about us and how did you find this Club website?

Moonstone 3rd February 2007 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 22353)
Followed from t'other side......too many glitches, too many overly-opinionated mods who act like the worst sort of school teachers AND it was so blinkin' dark!

They now have an option for a "light" version - the style changer is at the foot of the page. It's easier to read, but can be confusing since it looks too much like this place.

To be fair, that site is still quite active, though in part that must be because there's now only a single 75/ZT forum. That's a sensible move because the mods seemed to spend a lot of time moving threads from one forum to another, a habit which is starting to creep in here.

A bit of competition can be healthy but I don't care much for the politics of who belongs where and would prefer to see a free flow of information. I have pointed a few members on the other side to How-tos and threads here and hope no-one would object to links going the other way. It's unfortunate that we're seeing some people (mainly newbies) posting the same questions in both places, expecting other members to be "exclusive".

On that subject, it's rare to see any links to the German members site, which even has an English section. I don't visit myself, but suspect there are members here who do. Even German-language threads could be of interest if passed through a translator.

Kandyman 3rd February 2007 20:28

Moonstone just to pick up on the part about the German site.

http://www.r75.info/index.php?newlang=english

we have a few members from here belonging to that one and them to us, have had a few meets where they have come over to us and in May 26th - 28th a few of us are going to The 2nd International Club Seventyfive Meeting 2007 in Luxembourg.

Also if you look on the clubs web site :)
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=links

GreyGhost 3rd February 2007 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonstone (Post 28413)
They now have an option for a "light" version - the style changer is at the foot of the page. It's easier to read, but can be confusing since it looks too much like this place.

That has always been an option. The colour scheme is entirely different and I fail to see how there could be confusion. At the top of the page you are viewing is a banner making it very obvious where you are. Equally so .org.

Quote:

To be fair, that site is still quite active, though in part that must be because there's now only a single 75/ZT forum. That's a sensible move because the mods seemed to spend a lot of time moving threads from one forum to another, a habit which is starting to creep in here.

Threads are only moved on this forum if they run seriously off topic, deteriorate into banter or are simply posted in the wrong forum. This site is purely for ZT and 75 and is split into many and varied sections all of which are well used and easy to navigate.
There are no creeping habits or obsesive moderating on this site.

Quote:

A bit of competition can be healthy but I don't care much for the politics of who belongs where and would prefer to see a free flow of information. I have pointed a few members on the other side to How-tos and threads here and hope no-one would object to links going the other way. It's unfortunate that we're seeing some people (mainly newbies) posting the same questions in both places, expecting other members to be "exclusive".

You are entitled to your point of view. New members here are encouraged to ask whatever questions they like, regardless of whether or not they have already asked on another site. Here they are likely to get an answer and usually very quickly. The fact that you do not spend your time on one site or the other exclusively is a matter for yourself and no others.
Links to .org are discouraged, but information on thread titles and advice to go and search are actively encouraged.

Quote:

On that subject, it's rare to see any links to the German members site, which even has an English section. I don't visit myself, but suspect there are members here who do. Even German-language threads could be of interest if passed through a translator.

Links to sites that are indeed in foreign languages may be appropriate for those that can speak the language in question but worthless to those that can't. Unless one is conversant with that language then using a web translator can be worse than useless.
We do have very close links with our comrades on club75. Their moderators and members are very often to be found here and we over there. There is a very healthy information exchange. If a translation of an important thread or piece of information is required we have expert linguists to translate for us in both directions.

actros 3rd February 2007 21:19

:iagree: :iagree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 28463)
That has always been an option. The colour scheme is entirely different and I fail to see how there could be confusion. At the top of the page you are viewing is a banner making it very obvious where you are. Equally so .org.

Threads are only moved on this forum if they run seriously off topic, deteriorate into banter or are simply posted in the wrong forum. This site is purely for ZT and 75 and is split into many and varied sections all of which are well used and easy to navigate.
There are no creeping habits or obsesive moderating on this site.

You are entitled to your point of view. New members here are encouraged to ask whatever questions they like, regardless of whether or not they have already asked on another site. Here they are likely to get an answer and usually very quickly. The fact that you do not spend your time on one site or the other exclusively is a matter for yourself and no others.
Links to .org are discouraged, but information on thread titles and advice to go and search are actively encouraged.

Links to sites that are indeed in foreign languages may be appropriate for those that can speak the language in question but worthless to those that can't. Unless one is conversant with that language then using a web translator can be worse than useless.
We do have very close links with our comrades on club75. Their moderators and members are very often to be found here and we over there. There is a very healthy information exchange. If a translation of an important thread or piece of information is required we have expert linguists to translate for us in both directions.

:iagree: :iagree: Well said GG.as you say this site is for 75/ZT OWNERS:bowdown:

GreyGhost 3rd February 2007 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 28472)
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: Well said GG.as you say this site is for 75/ZT OWNERS:bowdown:

100 posts Bri. Congratulations :bowdown:

AURORA MG 3rd February 2007 22:42

There is a link to this & other MG & Rover related forums in the links section of our website so any ZT or 75 owners that check our site can if they check the links be automatically directed here!

lightpainter 5th February 2007 11:02

So it looks like all of us who have been putting fliers on cars have been wasting our time, according to this poll!

Christopher 5th February 2007 12:49

I think Ken has been fliered more than once!! Oh the ignominy of it all!! :o:o

:laughing2:

Ken 5th February 2007 13:16

Yep I have been done twice now!

o'h the joy of Asda and Tesco car parks:lol:

Kandyman 5th February 2007 13:25

:rofl: nearly spit my tea out reading that :)

I can just see ken walking back to his car and on seeing the flyer saying

"Dont they know who i am"

Ken make sure you have the clubs sticker in the car from now on :)

GreyGhost 5th February 2007 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightpainter (Post 28818)
So it looks like all of us who have been putting fliers on cars have been wasting our time, according to this poll!

34 votes out of 831 members, pretty poor sample so I don't think we can draw any conclusions, apart from, Kens car is a flyer magnet :laughing2:

Ken 5th February 2007 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 28844)
34 votes out of 831 members, pretty poor sample so I don't think we can draw any conclusions, apart from, Kens car is a flyer magnet :laughing2:

Start a new poll gg and this time make it compulsory or you will send the boys in. :lol:

Rob_N 5th February 2007 21:03

So there's been a falling out???? I've been off the forum for a few months due to serious computer trouble at home and my employers have a very 'blunt' filter on my work PC which denies access to all sites such as clubs, societies etc.

Quite truthfully I thought this was the old site and tried to log in under my old name of Barryboy, but got nowhere with it so re-registered in this name. I see one or two of you thought the old site was over-moderated and I have to agree, as I got a 'public warning' not long after joining for suggesting that Jeremy Clarkson was the type of person who engaged in solo sex. It seems that one wasn't allowed to use an asterisk to replace a letter in a swear word which I thought a bit petty at the time, but there you go, I suppose...

Anyway I recognise quite a few of the names so a lot of you have made the transition. Let's just hope I don't have to post with too many problems!!

Rob

JohnDotCom 5th February 2007 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_N (Post 28945)
I see one or two of you thought the old site was over-moderated and I have to agree, as I got a 'public warning' not long after joining for suggesting that Jeremy Clarkson was the type of person who engaged in solo sex. It seems that one wasn't allowed to use an asterisk to replace a letter in a swear word which I thought a bit petty at the time, but there you go, I suppose...

Anyway I recognise quite a few of the names so a lot of you have made the transition. Let's just hope I don't have to post with too many problems!!

Rob

:iagree: Wot

Kandyman 6th February 2007 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 28887)
Start a new poll gg and this time make it compulsory or you will send the boys in. :lol:

Just say the word Ken :fight:

mach1rob 6th February 2007 01:49

I have a formal complaint! :twonk:

I drove through Lichfield twice recently, Sunday evening, and Monday morning, and I never got flyered despite a certain member on here saying he stuck fliers on 75s and ZTs in the area! It's most off! :flog2:

Simon 6th February 2007 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1rob (Post 29020)
I have a formal complaint! :twonk:

I drove through Lichfield twice recently, Sunday evening, and Monday morning, and I never got flyered despite a certain member on here saying he stuck fliers on 75s and ZTs in the area! It's most off! :flog2:

Well... We can't have that, can we....

I'll make sure the individual in question is punished.... :getmecoat:

mach1rob 6th February 2007 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 29174)
Well... We can't have that, can we....

I'll make sure the individual in question is punished.... :getmecoat:

50 lashes! :p:

GreyGhost 24th February 2007 20:01

Bumpety Bump

As the titile says. :D

Simon 11th April 2007 20:32

Ahem....

Cough! :buttstr:

For all the newbies you didn't read their "Welcome" message ;)

telemalc 6th July 2007 19:03

ive tried being green ,but im british again

i traded in a 6month old mitsubishi for a 3 1/2 year old rover cdi, the reasons are-Good points of mitsubishi, superbly reliable, 53 mpg, cheap tax, roadholding great,street cred. politically correct, brilliant trip computer.
Good points of rover je ne sais quoi and class.NO CONTEST!

Ken 6th July 2007 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by telemalc (Post 70775)
i traded in a 6month old mitsubishi for a 3 1/2 year old rover cdi, the reasons are-Good points of mitsubishi, superbly reliable, 53 mpg, cheap tax, roadholding great,street cred. politically correct, brilliant trip computer.
Good points of rover je ne sais quoi and class.NO CONTEST!

Welcome home :lol:

Ken

StanUK 10th July 2007 19:50

How I found this owners club

Hi
I came across this owners club when doing a search regarding the ABS light staying on. Google came across a post on here with some suggestions. Hope to try these out within the next week or so (well, a friend is as he is an amateur mechanic or should that be hobbyist - either way he is knowledgable when it comes to car mechanics). Will let you know how I get on - Thanks to the guys who posted the replies I found - have given me hope yet - I always have a very tight budget.

Hope to be able to contribute in the future.

GreyGhost 10th July 2007 19:59

Glad to have you on board Stan.
Any problems just ask. :)

JohnDotCom 10th July 2007 21:22

Looking at the Graphs at the Top, what ever is happening to the Flyers I leave?
I've left well over 80 now, most upset.

GreyGhost 10th July 2007 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 71723)
Looking at the Graphs at the Top, what ever is happening to the Flyers I leave?
I've left well over 80 now, most upset.

I would suggest that 99% of all flyers left just get pulled off screwed up and binned without being read. That is what I do to any flyer on my car, it really annoys me to see a piece of paper flapping around under the windscreen wiper especially if it has been raining and it has gone soggy

Zeb 11th July 2007 13:39

Sorry, I just think the flyers need to be revamped. They make us sound terribly dull and hence don't pull in the punters....:o

Simon 11th July 2007 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 71874)
Sorry, I just think the flyers need to be revamped. They make us sound terribly dull and hence don't pull in the punters....:o

What do you suggest we have then? I'm sure the original designer(s) of the flyers would welcome suggestions....

Zeb 11th July 2007 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 71883)
What do you suggest we have then? I'm sure the original designer(s) of the flyers would welcome suggestions....

I am not criticising the efforts of others, more making the point that we could make it more eye-catching and use persuasive techniques to grab people's attention and inspire them to come find us.

Simon 11th July 2007 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 71885)
I am not criticising the efforts of others, more making the point that we could make it more eye-catching and use persuasive techniques to grab people's attention and inspire them to come find us.

Don't get me wrong Zeb, I wasn't implying you were criticising our current flyer. :)

I think it would be nice to hear what members think of our flyers and if people would like a new one. Perhaps we should start a new thread? That is, if Christopher and Co. allow ;)

GreyGhost 11th July 2007 15:17

Revamping flyers may help if anybody would like to re-write / re-design one we will certainly consider posting it for others to use.
Anybody can of course design and distribute there own flyers but please get them approved by the admins as they will probably have the club logo and name so would have to be vetted first.

ferritmaster 24th July 2007 18:05

how did i find this site?

did an internet search for rover 75 repairs.found the .org site.posted a pm about non opening bonnet.never got a reply.did another internet search and found this site(nirvana).sent a pm to the grey fellow(cant remember his full handle).got anear instant reply.brilliant!!!
three pounds to join!! thats cheap even to a tight yorkshireman like me.
long may you live.

Ken 24th July 2007 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferritmaster (Post 75176)
did an internet search for rover 75 repairs.found the .org site.posted a pm about non opening bonnet.never got a reply.did another internet search and found this site(nirvana).sent a pm to the grey fellow(cant remember his full handle).got anear instant reply.brilliant!!!
three pounds to join!! thats cheap even to a tight yorkshireman like me.
long may you live.

the grey fellow....love it :SHOCKED:

Glad the grey fellow sorted you out :lol: Welcome to the club by the way :lol:

Ken

stocktake 24th July 2007 19:55

I was also directed to the club by the "grey fellow", I advertised a phone holder for a 75 on ebay as rare. I was emailed and told in no uncertain terms they are still available from rimmers. Best telling off I ever got!!

Dave...

GreyGhost 24th July 2007 21:21

So nice to be appreciated. :D

JohnDotCom 24th July 2007 21:46

Never realised you had gone that Grey before GG. :D

Per Ardua 2nd August 2007 09:12

I posted a message asking for buying advice on another MG Xpower forum. 'Tootal' PM'd me and told me about this site.

carlpenn 14th August 2007 09:50

I found this site through a Link from the MG-Rover.org site.

Glad I have and will certainly be staying............:D

baxlin 14th August 2007 10:39

Having (to my shame) not had a supply of flyers in the car for a couple of weeks, I printed a few off before going away for the weekend.

In a carpark in Nottingham, I spy a 75, and set off flyer in hand.

"Oh, we're not starting that again, are we?" came the response from SWDNUTCIIOA75 (She Who Does Not Understand The Commitment Involved In Owning A 75) - I bet that one's not in the glossary of abbreviations!

Malcolm

Christopher 14th August 2007 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 79691)
Having (to my shame) not had a supply of flyers in the car for a couple of weeks, I printed a few off before going away for the weekend.

In a carpark in Nottingham, I spy a 75, and set off flyer in hand.

"Oh, we're not starting that again, are we?" came the response from SWDNUTCIIOA75 (She Who Does Not Understand The Commitment Involved In Owning A 75) - I bet that one's not in the glossary of abbreviations!

Malcolm

It is a thankless job Malcolm .. and I thank you for persevering too! ;)

mattthetourer 14th August 2007 11:51

zt.t in google and there you were

ECP2004 14th August 2007 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 21923)

Hello Simon, Yes I have just joined, I have sold quite a lot of parts to your members over the years and think i've persuaded my wife to let me get one as well as the family bus to carry the kids about, we'll see once the holidays are over, the 75 & ZT' are sort of addictive though.
Regards Nick.

GreyGhost 14th August 2007 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECP2004 (Post 79905)
Hello Simon, Yes I have just joined, I have sold quite a lot of parts to your members over the years and think i've persuaded my wife to let me get one as well as the family bus to carry the kids about, we'll see once the holidays are over, the 75 & ZT' are sort of addictive though.
Regards Nick.

Hello Nick.

About time you showed your face. :)

ECP2004 14th August 2007 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 79910)
Hello Nick.

About time you showed your face. :)

Hello GG I've been working to hard, honest.

JohnDotCom 14th August 2007 21:59

Nice to have you on board Nick.

Tootall 15th August 2007 17:35

Welcome Nick, thanks for the great service last week i was the guy who brought the front pads and sensor from you.

Quote:

I posted a message asking for buying advice on another MG Xpower forum. 'Tootal' PM'd me and told me about this site.
I am gald the guys on here have helped you on different matters.

JohnDotCom 15th August 2007 17:56

I've never actually ever answered this Question before,
but only just realised reading all the thread again.
I had an EMail from the "New" club telling me about it.
I was on .org at time.
Can't remember who from, but most probally the Grey One. :D

treverbyn 8th September 2007 20:49

treverbyn

Quote:

I purchased some bits from SMC Trading and they included a flyer with their invoice.

Simon 8th September 2007 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by treverbyn (Post 83942)
I purchased some bits from SMC Trading and they included a flyer with their invoice.

Whey! New member via a flyer! You must be the first (at least, the first we have heard of) :D :D

:group:

JohnDotCom 8th September 2007 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 83944)
Whey! New member via a flyer! You must be the first (at least, the first we have heard of) :D :D

.....and yet Graph still reads "0" for Flyers :shrug: :getmecoat:

Simon 8th September 2007 21:13

Maybe he hasn't actually voted on the poll yet? :shrug:

SMC Trading 8th September 2007 22:58

There should be a fair few from the flyers as I get through about 20 per day!

DoDo 8th September 2007 23:05

I got one stuck on my Windscreen by my better half, or that is what he says, because it is the only way to find or contact him on the forums when he is away, or by email or private message, text or mobile which always says at a meeting!
I am still looking for my new car so at the moment still using the 620Ti.
Now I do not think he is so pleased as I can check what he is up to.
Perhaps now would be a good time to send him a message as we are both on our laptops together at the moment, him on ebay.

DoDo 8th September 2007 23:10

Cheeky NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- has just told me to hit the Subscribe button and pay £3. :pillow:
says its cheaper than one of my magazines :p:

Simon 8th September 2007 23:19

Ah - Welcome Mrs.DotCom. :)

You'd think being the caring loving person that John is he'd donate a subscription for you ;) :pillow: :D

nairda 8th September 2007 23:24

Welcome indeed MDC! Ah, the 'connected' household! I seem to communicate to Mrs Nairda more via the wonders of the interweb than by regular means also!

I bet you have chat sessions using MSN or Yahoo messenger too....or is that just me and SWMBO?

JohnDotCom 8th September 2007 23:28

Thank you for your Kind words Simon,
I will have to watch my P's and Q's now :(
She has now retired for the Evening but has Subscribed................Using MY PayPal Account :SHOCKED:
Oh I might have to Ban her if this keeps on! :D
Oh just realised, she will read this sometime, need a new Name :D

Ken 9th September 2007 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 83979)
Oh just realised, she will read this sometime, need a new Name :D

Let me see if we have a spare username for you John.................goes off looking...............found it.;)

Henpecked? :lol:

JohnDotCom 9th September 2007 08:41

Ouch! :oh you:
Its a very friendly, loving Household I live In..............
So I'm told. Ooops! :D

Ken 9th September 2007 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 84002)
Its a very friendly, loving Household I live In..............
So I'm told. Ooops! :D

Me too as long as that checks out ok with her :D

and the dog :lol:

GreyGhost 9th September 2007 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 84015)
Me too as long as that checks out ok with her :D

and the dog :lol:

We all know who's boss in your house Ken. :)

Woof, woof. :D

Ken 9th September 2007 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 84017)
We all know who's boss in your house Ken. :)

Woof, woof. :D

oh so true ;)

DoDo 9th September 2007 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairda (Post 83978)
Welcome indeed MDC! Ah, the 'connected' household! I seem to communicate to Mrs Nairda more via the wonders of the interweb than by regular means also!

I bet you have chat sessions using MSN or Yahoo messenger too....or is that just me and SWMBO?

Thank you for the welcomes to club.
I must admit we use Yahoo messenger, it seems more than face to face due to the amount of work he does, or says he does.

Rondini 23rd September 2007 19:47

Quote:

Found your site while on the web

Ron

Simon 24th September 2007 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondini (Post 87748)
Found your site while on the web

Ron

Glad to hear it! Have yourself a good look around the site and you'll find lots of things to help keep your car on the road which will save you £££'s!

barbosa 27th September 2007 07:53

Hi
my name is fernando, i´m from Portugal (Oporto). I have a MG ZT-T cdti Extreme Automatic in Black Pearl, and a Rover 25 idt.
I found this forum when im looking on web for more information about ZT-T.
congratulations for the excellent forum.

JohnDotCom 27th September 2007 07:57

:welcome: to the Club Barbosa. Have a good read and post some pictures of your car when you can.
If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask as they are a friendly bunch on here, we have a wealth of knowledge between us all.

ragitty 2nd October 2007 13:39

Quote:

Hi Simon, thanks to all for the warm welcome, I came across the club whilst browsing for information on the Rover 75, with reference to any horror stories which may be related to my vehicle, so in effect forwarned is fore armed.

I have to say this forum is fantastic, I have already gleened information with reference to items and faults to be aware of, owning a rover 75 does not seem so daunting now with all of the knowledge available on this site, many thanks to all regards Lee

Simon 3rd October 2007 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragitty (Post 89897)
Hi Simon, thanks to all for the warm welcome, I came across the club whilst browsing for information on the Rover 75, with reference to any horror stories which may be related to my vehicle, so in effect forwarned is fore armed.

I have to say this forum is fantastic, I have already gleened information with reference to items and faults to be aware of, owning a rover 75 does not seem so daunting now with all of the knowledge available on this site, many thanks to all regards Lee

Glad to hear these forums are helpful to you! Good to know we can all be of help here :)

Rhencullen 12th October 2007 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 83944)

I joined via a card on my car as in this thread ( which I now realise I might have placed in the wrong section :o )

So it does work.......:lol:

I'm a member of a similar motorcycle club and never realised this site existed :shrug:..... 'till now :D

actros 13th October 2007 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhencullen (Post 93285)
I joined via a card on my car as in this thread ( which I now realise I might have placed in the wrong section :o )

So it does work.......:lol:

I'm a member of a similar motorcycle club and never realised this site existed :shrug:..... 'till now :D

Looks like my cards as add a new member WELCOME Rhencullen. Where abouts do you live, i live just the other side of the trent bridge.:grouphug:

Rhencullen 22nd October 2007 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 93840)
Looks like my cards as add a new member WELCOME Rhencullen. Where abouts do you live, i live just the other side of the trent bridge.:grouphug:

You have a PM........ he says showing off the fact that £3 has just been subscribed :)

GreyGhost 22nd October 2007 22:26

Good lad Martin. Much appreciated. :)

PrioryFarm 8th December 2007 00:42

Hi Simon, Yes I am a new member. I received a flyer from SMC Trading in Essex after buying a high note horn from them on e-bay. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to finding out more about this great car!

Aga 8th December 2007 01:13

Seems that the flyers are none too effective!
I find this hard to believe as I have placed many a slip of paper under countless wipers over the last few months!
I am feeling rather sad now!

Rondini 8th December 2007 21:38

internet search this site pop'd up 1st it's the dog's doodah's:bowdown::D:);)

K 5ive 12th January 2008 12:59

I found you through an SMC advert on eBay for a RHD cup holder, with some how to pics on there with the name of this site. i bought a Haynes manual so as to find out how to fit the Drivers side cup holder. But the manual tells you nothig at all about how to remove the blanking trim or the cup holder.:shrug: Thanks to this site i now know!

Tom Collins 12th January 2008 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by K 5ive (Post 128887)
I found you through an SMC advert on eBay for a RHD cup holder, with some how to pics on there with the name of this site. i bought a Haynes manual so as to find out how to fit the Drivers side cup holder. But the manual tells you nothig at all about how to remove the blanking trim or the cup holder.:shrug: Thanks to this site i now know!

Welcome to this wonderful club.
That's what it's all about K 5ive. All the info is here, plus it's a great social club too.

Angler 27th January 2008 15:47

Angler, new member.

Bought my Rover 75 in Sept 2007, had a minor problem and searched the net, found the site and the answer to my problem was there already,could not fault the advice.

Aga 27th January 2008 18:22

Welcome to the site, Angler
You will find that we are a friendly bunch!
Where in the country do you live?

PYTHON2674 11th February 2008 15:23

Just surfing the web...

And Gotcha....

I am now hooked :bowdown:

What a great site, I think forums like these are fantastic and there should be more of them...;)

I have been reading like mad and when I am the proud owner of my next Rover I shall be posting plenty of pix...

Carl :D

FAT HARRY 22nd February 2008 20:21

New 75 owner

Looked up your site after I saw a 75 1.8 classic that took my fancy. Read through your forums and decided to buy. Its a 04 registered with 70k on clock. Bought it 5 hours ago. Drives like a dream and have got 12 months warrenty and breakdown cover. Your site was very informative when making up my mind. Had looked at other cars i.e. Alfa T Spark but the interior and comfort of the 75 swung it. Am not a boy racer , more interested in room and comfort.

actros 22nd February 2008 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAT HARRY (Post 150038)
Looked up your site after I saw a 75 1.8 classic that took my fancy. Read through your forums and decided to buy. Its a 04 registered with 70k on clock. Bought it 5 hours ago. Drives like a dream and have got 12 months warrenty and breakdown cover. Your site was very informative when making up my mind. Had looked at other cars i.e. Alfa T Spark but the interior and comfort of the 75 swung it. Am not a boy racer , more interested in room and comfort.

Welcome to the club Fat Harry
just have agood look round and you will see all you want to know. They are agreat bunch of lads here but if you are a bit MAD it helps.:grouphug:

lew893 24th February 2008 16:58

Totally by accident on GOOGLE, I was looking for a site more dedicated to my car not just a generic MG-ROVER one, this one is friendlier and a lot more personal!!! Can't get the silies to work yet like!!!

GagHalfrunt 29th February 2008 14:28

I found this site from the "other" forum. I like what I see so far! :luvya:

JohnDotCom 29th February 2008 14:32

Well we hope you like it enough to stick around.
Welcome and enjoy your stay.

timbop6wife 1st March 2008 23:14

Tim let me read the map,and this is where I ended up,

Kandyman 1st March 2008 23:20

Nice to have you here, was getting board of Tim ;)

Timbo.P6 1st March 2008 23:27

love you to mr kandyman:(

Kandyman 1st March 2008 23:32

Hey you know I'm only joking :bowdown:

alisdair810 5th March 2008 23:37

Just joined - learning yet again

Hi to all

Glad to find you, who am I ? .....

"Auld ***" just bought a rover 75, 00 plate, GEORGIOUS, cost not a lot, but it's not very well though.

Previously owned a 820 for 14 years

Previously completely rebuilt a 1975 MGB. from the ground up.

Quite good with bikes. Bikers love me!

Used to be superb at tuning pre fuel injection race engines. I am now starting to learn all over again what's under a car bonnet. I love the car and I love learning. Hope I manage this one.

Today's conundrum, why is the sump full of chocolate soup? Oh dear I know
Why are "Haynes" manuals not viewed as war criminals. I am old enough to remember when these manuals were both accurate, friendly and full of tips. What happened?

Regards

Alisdair810

GreyGhost 5th March 2008 23:41

Welcome to the club and forum Alisdair.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Axolotl 6th March 2008 16:58

I was referred here from the MG-Rover forums site, in response to a question about my trip computer average consumption being hopelessy wrong.

Glad to say I got a solution straight away.

GreyGhost 6th March 2008 17:53

Good to have you on board Neil. We aim to please and many thanks for subscribing. :)

alisdair810 7th March 2008 23:29

Learning yet again

My car was running on water and bars leaks, and a little petrol. I enjoyed the improved fuel consumption and put up with the extra cost of anti freeze. Then one afternoon when I opened the cap on the header tank the water level dropped before my eyes. Nothing on the ground, it dawned on me that it was now in the sump. HGF. I got an array of massive quotes so decided to refresh my skills and do some DIY. A google search revealed a lot of answers and some dead ends. I found a thread on the internet that mentioned the club so I followed the link. I have ordered the upgraded head gasket kit (complete set)and timing belt kit. Wheel frozen onto hub. Scrivets replaced by steel screws rusted in. Lower timing cover missing. Temperature -8C. Lashed a 5'0" weight lifting bar onto a 3/4 drive sampson bar to break the tork on the crankshaft pully. Three goes later with the bar bending like you would not believe - its off!
I think the head is a replacement already, but I'll keep you guys posted of anything interesting.

Weather Forecast - 80 MPH winds and rain. Why did I buy a house with no garage? Last time I did this job it was trolley jack, two bolts, drop engine, kitchen table, rebuild. VW beetle had it's advantages.

andy75 10th March 2008 19:54

new

found this site through a search,just bought a rover 75 2.5 v6 so this site will be used a lot:lol:

GreyGhost 10th March 2008 20:02

Sorry being a bit slack here.

Welcome Alisdair. :)

Welcome Andy. :)

GrahamP 14th April 2008 23:36

From a Google search. Having just added a 75 to the long list of Rovers owned over the last 47 years. The first being a 110 in 1961, followed by a P5 3500, P6 3500, SD1, Land Rover Freelander TD4 ES Auto 2 door Soft top.620i now a 75 2.0 CDT Club Auto on a 51 plate for £2,150. 106,000 on the clock but in pristine condition, and quite a few factory fitted extras, Traction control, Cruise control, Electric sun roof, 6CD auto changer in glove box, Front fog lights, Headlamp power wash. Just had a towbar fitted to haul my Coachman Genius 500/5.

JohnDotCom 15th April 2008 08:01

Welcome Aboard Graham you won't be disappointed with your New Acquisition.
It sounds Great, Get some Pictures up when you can.
Thanks for Subscribing too.