The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Member? How did you find us? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2189)

Shonkie 9th October 2019 15:51

Found it via JVChester on youtube.
Can anyone recommend a good insurance company?

GazYorkshire 9th October 2019 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shonkie (Post 2767614)
Found it via JVChester on youtube.
Can anyone recommend a good insurance company?

Try these guys - they don't do online quotes, you'll have to ring them.

http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk/

Holmevallian 18th November 2019 09:22

My route here - and in need of a bit of advice

I've been an owner of my 75 Connoisseur for a few years now, although only decided to seek out help/join this owners club after my car originally failed it's last MOT - and the garage didn't know what the issue was. I found another garage who have more experience with Rovers/some diagnostic tools, and they discovered that it was the O2 sensor that needed replacing (thereby allowing the car to pass it's MoT). Anyhow, through that experience, I decided to try and find others who have a simiar car and who could help point me in the right direction when needed.

My current issues with the car, is that the heating doesn't work (a tad bit of an issue during the winter months), and I need a new right hand headlight (preferably both - but most definitely the RHS one, as the wiring has become rather 'temperental' in it). The new garage I've found, has said that they could well be able to fix the heating issue - although if I could source a new headlight(s), then they'd resolve that issue at the same time. Thus, if anyone can point out as to where I can source some decent headlight(s), that'd be appreciated.

FLYING BANANA 18th November 2019 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmevallian (Post 2776566)
I've been an owner of my 75 Connoisseur for a few years now, although only decided to seek out help/join this owners club after my car originally failed it's last MOT - and the garage didn't know what the issue was. I found another garage who have more experience with Rovers/some diagnostic tools, and they discovered that it was the O2 sensor that needed replacing (thereby allowing the car to pass it's MoT). Anyhow, through that experience, I decided to try and find others who have a simiar car and who could help point me in the right direction when needed.

My current issues with the car, is that the heating doesn't work (a tad bit of an issue during the winter months), and I need a new right hand headlight (preferably both - but most definitely the RHS one, as the wiring has become rather 'temperental' in it). The new garage I've found, has said that they could well be able to fix the heating issue - although if I could source a new headlight(s), then they'd resolve that issue at the same time. Thus, if anyone can point out as to where I can source some decent headlight(s), that'd be appreciated.

Pop along to the sales pages to source the parts you want. Have a look at the traders that might be near you.

And Welcome aboard the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars.

Holmevallian 18th November 2019 14:10

Thanks FLYING BANANA, I'm currently finding my way around this forum and I've PM'd someone in the hope that they can help.

lewlew100 1st February 2020 20:08

Hello from Lincolnshire

Found the site by googling for Rover 75 owners club as I am looking to buy a 75 or preferably a 75T. I have had many BMC and subsequent "group" cars over the years starting with a used 1959 mini, then a 1963 1100 and in 1967 I bought my first brand new car a Morris 1800. Since then I've had far too many vehicles, but think it may be the right time for me to settle down in my old age with a not too expensive Rover. Geoff.:}

FLYING BANANA 1st February 2020 20:22

Welcome aboard the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars.
Find your way around the site. Lots of free advice available.

lewlew100 8th February 2020 20:56

New (to me) rover 75 tourer

I bought a 2004 gold CDTi tourer SE today. Nice clean useable car (not concours) with 92K miles, 3 owners from new and with (as yet unseen by me) history. Complete new clutch assembly fitted 25k miles ago, nine months MOT and no advisories. And so it begins. Geoff.:}

trikey 8th February 2020 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewlew100 (Post 2791916)
I bought a 2004 gold CDTi tourer SE today. Nice clean useable car (not concours) with 92K miles, 3 owners from new and with (as yet unseen by me) history. Complete new clutch assembly fitted 25k miles ago, nine months MOT and no advisories. And so it begins. Geoff.:}

Welcome along, hope the car turns out to be a good one ;)

Jules 8th February 2020 21:38

25k miles ago.
Hope the clutch isn't due again then?!

We're doing another warranty job on Monday.
Clutch parts for these are rubbish.

Welcome along anyway ;)