The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Front Right Speaker/CD Player Fault (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298204)

Rosy the Rover 8th August 2019 16:02

Front Right Speaker/CD Player Fault

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur as my first car! I'm very happy with it and the small faults it has had up to this point have been dealt with using info from this forum so thank you.

I believe I have a wiring issue, my front right-hand speakers only work with the radio and not the CD player. When I play CD's it may work then after a couple of minutes it will revert back to only the left speakers.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks,

Stephen

suzublu 8th August 2019 16:47

Where's your CD changer, boot or glovebox? I'd be inclined to check the wiring into it, especially if it's in the boot:cool: Our cars have been known for water ingress:eek::D

Rosy the Rover 8th August 2019 17:42

Thanks for the response, I don't have a CD changer at all. Just a single CD feed on the front.

suzublu 8th August 2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosy the Rover (Post 2753630)
Thanks for the response, I don't have a CD changer at all. Just a single CD feed on the front.

:duh: Silly me, I keep forgetting they changed the ICE in later cars:D
In that case, I would check the plugs from the loom to the radio as a starting point:cool:

Rosy the Rover 8th August 2019 18:06

I have had a look behind the CD player and everything seemed normal. I unplugged a few things and plugged them back in and it is working now.

However, I still don't fully trust it so only time will tell. I'll post again if it keeps doing it.

Thanks again!

Teranchelope 9th August 2019 10:48

Dodgy door harness plug? Gets lots of swinging to and fro.

marinabrian 9th August 2019 11:16

I'm prepared to wager you have a VDO CD 413 fitted to your car, in which case it's more likely to be the head unit at fault than an issue with the car's wiring ;)

Brian :D

madeupname 9th August 2019 11:42

Good point Brian. I had a similar problem with my house cd player, a Linn Genki. A man came round, cleaned the laser face with a dry tissue, told me to clean my cd's, and all was well again.
How the op gets in to clean this though is a different story :D

Rosy the Rover 22nd August 2019 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2753764)
I'm prepared to wager you have a VDO CD 413 fitted to your car, in which case it's more likely to be the head unit at fault than an issue with the car's wiring ;)

Brian :D

Hi Brian, you're spot on. Could you expand a little further as to what you wpuld recommend? I was thinking of just getting a new CD player completely.

Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk