The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Happy 10th Birthday to the Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=256113)

Reebs 4th November 2016 23:04

Happy 10th Birthday to the Owners Club Forums

Sunday 5th November 2006 was the day The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club stood on it's own two feet for the first time and launched a website and these forums. Ten years on and we have grown beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

For those that didn't know The 75 and ZT Owners Club began life as a small element of the on-line forum mg-rover.org, the then owners of that site granted us permission to use a section of their forum and server space to bring together a place for the then recently bereft owners of our marque who had been left high and dry only a year before by the collapse of MG Rover Group. That early support network of worried owners soon grew and grew until 12 months down the line we had reached a point where we could not develop any further within the space and facilities .org had granted, thus on this day 10 years ago today the club migrated to its own servers and started hosting its own forum with greatly expanded sections specific to the 75 and ZT.

The formative team at that time responsible for getting the club's own web presence up and running were Christopher, Pete, Ken and Mike and while a few club directors and forum moderators have come and gone since then, I'm pleased to say that both Christopher and Pete are still here helping to keep the Owners Club the premiere resource for technical help and guidance on ownership and providing a great support platform for like minded members to discuss their cars, their hobbies and their man cave tinkering.

With our cars now being out of production for some eleven years, the club's role of providing a place to come when you need help, advice and camaraderie is as essential today as it has ever been in order to keep as many examples on the road as possible.

For my part, I joined the owners club a year later in 2007 when I discovered its existence, and enjoyed visiting the site and attending national meets as well as contributing to the club's databank of information in my own small way :o Then in 2010 when the club encountered some internal turbulence :rolleyes: I was privileged to be chosen to be part of the new moderation team, and I've been here ever since :getmecoat:

So ten years on, with a total membership of over 35,000, 238,000 threads and 2,320,000 posts we are as strong as ever and it's down in no small part to you the members :bowdown:

Roll on the next 10 years and :birthday2: everyone :cool2:

Bluejon 4th November 2016 23:30

Wishing the Owners Club a very;

'HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY'

From Jan & I.

Here's to the next 10 yrs.

I joined the Owners Club & Forum on this date in 2006 at the Clubs inception,following on from membership of .org,my Wife Jan joining 2 yrs later in 2008 & have both been here ever since.

We wish the Club & its Members good fortune & the very best of wishes for a long & happy future.

:birthday2::party::birthday2:

Best Wishes.

John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

Chilljohn 4th November 2016 23:32

gosh and I joined on the 7th November 2006 2 days late bad me :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

daznkel 4th November 2016 23:47

Happy 10th Birthday!

Fantastic club with an abundance of superb members, with an absolute wealth of knowledge. Thanks to .org and congratulations to all the founders, plus each and every member who has ever posted any knowledge, however important or insignificant it may seem. You/We all make the club what it has become. :bowdown:

:hurray: :hurray: :band: :birthday: :band: :hurray: :hurray:

scoubix 4th November 2016 23:48

Well I'm glad I found the forum back in early 2013 when I came back to 75 ownership, and it's been an invaluable source of information and help ever since. Here's to the next 10 years !

RoverRobson 4th November 2016 23:48

Happy Birthday to the club! We can only thank Rover for giving us a reason to unite :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

mininuts 4th November 2016 23:51

Happy 10th Birthday

Great club for great cars. Here's to the next ten :bowdown:

steve-45 4th November 2016 23:52

Happy Birthday to our club from a relatively new boy .........

solarsailor 5th November 2016 01:07

And a happy birthday from me too - here's to many more to come. I found the club by accident shortly after getting my 75 when I Googled 'Rover 75 reversing lights not working.' It has been an absolute goldmine of information and fellow members are the salt of the earth. I was privileged to meet some of them at the last national meet held at Duxford and am looking forward to meeting more at Eden Camp next April.

Andrew

windrush 5th November 2016 05:17

:birthday2::wine::clap::band::party::hurray:A very happy birthday to our club may it continue long into the future