The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   stainless longlife exhaust for sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291905)

75v6 15th January 2019 16:13

stainless longlife exhaust for sale

I've bought an exhaust but it doesn't fit my car, it came off a 2004 diesel MGZT (estate). Based near Cardiff airport. Can I advertise this on the forum? I've never sold parts on here before sorry! If so, please pm me, if not please advise :-)

marinabrian 15th January 2019 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75v6 (Post 2702622)
I've bought an exhaust but it doesn't fit my car, it came off a 2004 diesel MGZT (estate). Based near Cardiff airport. Can I advertise this on the forum? I've never sold parts on here before sorry! If so, please pm me, if not please advise :-)

Is your car a saloon or tourer? If the latter then all you would need to make the ZT-T exhaust fit your car would be a ZT-T bumper trim.

Otherwise, yes no problem advertising it, is it the full system or just a backbox?

Brian :D

75v6 15th January 2019 16:31

exhaust

I'm just going on what garage said, they said it's too long by several inches and the angled bit was slightly wrong, it would have been touching the car when hanging on the brackets!? The guy I bought it off said it would just need a sleeve (purchased one on ebay), and perhaps the tailpipe trimmed or the bumper trim added (cut out)!?

I'll get a photo when I go back to garage maybe on Saturday.

vacuman 15th January 2019 16:35

If there's a Longlife centre near you, give them a call. You might find that they will modify it for you for a small fee and ensure that it's correctly fitted.

Is it a twin-box system or just the one at the rear? Mine came with just the rear box but far too noisy. Now with an extra box in the middle it's still loud compared to a factory system but not as annoying as it was.

75v6 15th January 2019 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacuman (Post 2702631)
...Is it a twin-box system or just the one at the rear?

single box system, maybe be good to get it modified you think? I think there is a longlife in Caerphilly, which is not too far away from me.

75v6 17th January 2019 11:02

tourer owners

Anyone with a 75/ZT tourer who would like this exhaust? I paid £85 for it, so if I can get anything near that price it would be good :-)

Captain Crappycrimp 17th January 2019 19:26

Yes I would be interested but would need it shipped to scarborough

Cable Tie 18th January 2019 04:07

Second that if it goes wrong with shadomobile please

75v6 18th January 2019 12:24

Would prefer collection if poss, got nothing to wrap it up in, unless buyer arranged courier that can carry it 'as is'??

75v6 19th January 2019 15:08

photos

I've got photos now, don't use photobucket or anything like that, so anyone interested please send me your email. thanks :-)