The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mg tf (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305986)

mbev51 28th June 2020 11:11

Mg tf

After four years and pressure from wife, I've got the tf out of storage. After a couple of weeks of work and marinabrians soldering magic, the car now has an mot. We will use it until the winter bad weather sets in then it will be back in garage getting a new rear subframe. It will never be a mainstream vehicle as it's a keeper. I find I like working on it and also chasing down new parts. I'm getting everything spot on not really interested in what I've spent on it.

marinabrian 28th June 2020 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2821592)
After four years and pressure from wife, I've got the tf out of storage. After a couple of weeks of work and marinabrians soldering magic, the car now has an mot. We will use it until the winter bad weather sets in then it will be back in garage getting a new rear subframe. It will never be a mainstream vehicle as it's a keeper. I find I like working on it and also chasing down new parts. I'm getting everything spot on not really interested in what I've spent on it.

Good to hear it Michael, now get out there and enjoy it.......weather permitting of course ;)

Brian :D

Fusilier 28th June 2020 17:25

Mg f/tf

Wish I could get mine out, so far this year it has done 4 yards, possible 5 yards, that is twice out of the man cave, and twice back in. Hopefully might be able to get it out for a proper drive some time this year !!!

I have spent more time cleaning it than driving it

Stu

stocktake 28th June 2020 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2821676)

I have spent more time cleaning it than driving it

Stu

Pretty certain that could be said for all of your cars Stu. They always look pristine

Fusilier 28th June 2020 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2821692)
Pretty certain that could be said for all of your cars Stu. They always look pristine

Thanks Dave, and yes, I do spend quite a bit of time in the Man Cave with the Polishing cloths, and trying out new products.

Both the MGF and the XKR are in the Man Cave, have been cleaned at least three times (not washed, just polished and Waxed) and both of them have covers fitted as don't wont to get any dirt or dust on them, but I do turn over the engine for at least 20 minutes with all doors open

I really do want to use the MGF this year, have owned it for over 14 years and only done around 4500 miles (30k on clock, and was 25 1/2k when I purchased it in 2006) but only if it remains dry outside :D:D:D:D

Stu

Phil-Hex 28th June 2020 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2821592)
it will be back in garage getting a new rear subframe

Get the new subframe galvanised, cheaper than powder coating and will probably last forever unlike powder coating ;)

baxlin 29th June 2020 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2821729)
Thanks Dave, and yes, I do spend quite a bit of time in the Man Cave with the Polishing cloths, and trying out new products.

Both the MGF and the XKR are in the Man Cave, have been cleaned at least three times (not washed, just polished and Waxed) and both of them have covers fitted as don't wont to get any dirt or dust on them, but I do turn over the engine for at least 20 minutes with all doors open

I really do want to use the MGF this year, have owned it for over 14 years and only done around 4500 miles (30k on clock, and was 25 1/2k when I purchased it in 2006) but only if it remains dry outside :D:D:D:D

Stu

Pointing out my signature, that I’m a member on the Detailing World forum, and boasting that my Volvo has just won ‘best in class’ at the VOC virtual car show, I can’t help thinking ‘what a pity’ that these cars aren’t used!

The Volvo lives outdoors, and is my daily driver, and the JZR, which I built over 20 years ago, and has no weather gear at all save a small windscreen, is admittedly garaged, but available for use, and is used, all year round.

Getting them dirty gives me more excuse to get the lotions and potions out.....��

mbev51 29th June 2020 20:36

I’m afraid I’m a spanner man, would not be good at detailing. Having said that, I cleaned the under bonnet area today. Not taxing the tf until Wednesday, I cannot wait. Just bought a new second horn and sourced a S/h bracket and wiring plug. Will then have two horns, one low, one high. The silliness is both my wife and I, never use the horn!