The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Valeting Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Flash Car Wash System (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2359)

Simon W 21st January 2007 02:52

Flash Car Wash System

Tried one of those Flash Home Car Wash thingies today. What a pile of junk!

a) The hose connector leaks and water gushes down your arm
b) The shampoo chamber lid flies off at the drop of a hat
c) The unit doesn't stand upright when placed on the ground
d) Hence it falls over, lid comes off, shampoo spills out onto ground
e) It doesn't work anyway - water droplets all over the car

Methinks they can have it back.

Ken 21st January 2007 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon W (Post 24034)
Tried one of those Flash Home Car Wash thingies today. What a pile of junk!

a) The hose connector leaks and water gushes down your arm
b) The shampoo chamber lid flies off at the drop of a hat
c) The unit doesn't stand upright when placed on the ground
d) Hence it falls over, lid comes off, shampoo spills out onto ground
e) It doesn't work anyway - water droplets all over the car

Methinks they can have it back.

Isn't it strange a family member thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. I haven't tried it and I don't think I will bother now either

Ken

Tatts 21st January 2007 08:34

I've been using one since they first appeared, not had a problem with it although I only use it for the 'auto-dry' function nowadays; the soap is a bit too harsh and removes all the polish.

GREEN MACHINE 21st January 2007 08:57

I have been using the shampoo on its own without the system (her indoors bought a shampoo refill thinking it was ordinary car shampoo !!) I think it is really good it doesn't need any wiping off and doesn't leave any water marks. Our water is "soft" and maybe this makes a difference ??It tends to lift off all the dirt and grime but does leave the wash sponge covered in dirt and my hands !!:D I suppose some products suit different people and that is what these forums are all about members passing on their experiences :D

windrush 21st January 2007 09:11

Still think the only way to wash a car is the hard way a bucket or two a decent shampoo and a wash mit a hose to rince off

Simon W 21st January 2007 09:33

Ken - perhaps your relative's one doesn't have the built-in automatic arm-drencher.

Shampoo is extremely concentrated - it sticks to everything when it spills out of the chamber. (Water is soft here too).

JohnDotCom 21st January 2007 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 24054)
Still think the only way to wash a car is the hard way a bucket or two a decent shampoo and a wash mit a hose to rince off

Then a Can of Hard Wax Polish and Loads of Elbow Grease, as my Dad always use to say.

Ken 21st January 2007 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon W (Post 24061)
Ken - perhaps your relative's one doesn't have the built-in automatic arm-drencher.

Almost certainly doesn't as he wouldn't pay for the deluxe version :D

chris75 21st January 2007 16:41

Have to vote in favour ; been using one for a while and no problems at all . The auto -dry function is excellent !

JohnDotCom 21st January 2007 18:37

I have never seen one of these Flash Car Wash Systems, don't know how I missed all that. Are they from Supermarkets or Car Shops?