The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Giving up the evil weed (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=237837)

Georgies Dad 19th February 2016 10:14

Giving up the evil weed

I am currently in the process of giving up smoking,I am now on day 7.

Has anyone any experiences or tips on how they got on if they did it.

I am currently going through the mangle at the moment

FLYER 19th February 2016 10:16

Cant help as ive never smoked but i can support you .;)

ratchet 19th February 2016 10:21

Are you going cold turkey ?

Vaping may help if you're really struggling.

maxi_crawf 19th February 2016 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 2222035)
I am currently in the process of giving up smoking,I am now on day 7.

Has anyone any experiences or tips on how they got on if they did it.

I am currently going through the mangle at the moment

I'm sure it's not easy but good luck and don't give in.

suffolk boy 19th February 2016 10:31

nip to your nearest book shop and buy alan carrs the easy way to stop smoking.and remember you are not giving up anything. look at as treating yourself.the phrase giving up in itself implies denying a pleasure.its is not. its drug addiction the only reason folks smoke is to get to the drug nicotine.the stress you are going thro is caused by the nicotine itself thats how it works.it will pass

FLYER 19th February 2016 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffolk boy (Post 2222060)
nip to your nearest book shop and buy alan carrs the easy way to stop smoking.and remember you are not giving up anything. look at as treating yourself.the phrase giving up in itself implies denying a pleasure.its is not. its drug addiction the only reason folks smoke is to get to the drug nicotine.the stress you are going thro is caused by the nicotine itself thats how it works.it will pass

Your bluddy good at this .

Have you considered a career in feel good speaking .:D

Nick Greg 19th February 2016 10:36

I tried everything, hypnotherapy, patches, gum. Happily puffed away 30 a day for 35 years. Then got an ecig, a good one. Haven't had a fag for 2 years and more to the point have banked around £6000 in the process which is just as well as these Rover 75's do like money spent on them. Still have the ecig but at a very low level. Like it or not for me I may still like nicotine but am not filling my lungs with umpteen toxins etc. Don't have a cough anymore, if I have a cold it lasts days not weeks, I don't smell like an ashtray anymore and I have had 4 brilliant holidays courtesy of giving up. Okay I haven't quit as it were totally in a sense but for me it worked to get off tobacco

buckyhill 19th February 2016 10:38

I give up when my daughter was born 35 years ago and still get the urge, you have to be strong and commited. One day at a time and good luck, think about the money you will save and the improvement in your health.

steve1975 19th February 2016 10:39

i'v tried before years ago....and failed :eek: i want to again but it is hard.
at the time i tried i was a lorry driver and was on those strong patches,i used them for a week or so and one day i was driving to london in the lorry and i all of a sudden craved a fag,so i pulled over and bought some,forgetting i had a patch at the time.....damn what a rush :eek: i had to pull over due to the nicoteen overdose,head went all light headed :duh: my own stupid fault though....good luck if you suceed in your quest though.

Heddy 19th February 2016 10:40

Ideally, if you keep resisting you will prevail. If you switch to vaping then you have another addiction to overcome (if you wish) The main issue I believe is that smokers miss the 'throat hit', vaping provides that hit. Downside of vaping is that many believe it's still not 'safe', and they never go out, so you can be vaping non stop. Mrs. Heddy and I switched to vaping around 2 yrs ago, no apparent side effects, no coughing, more energy etc, cheaper, but we're still vaping! :shrug: