The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   parents, doing the right thing (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292104)

macafee2 21st January 2019 19:02

parents, doing the right thing

our daughter is moving house and new house needs decorating.
Neither her or her husband want to live in a mess so are thinking of keeping the house they have, while they decorate but cant pay two mortgages for too long.

At the time they hope to get the keys to the other house we are on holiday.

what's the right thing?
1 take our holiday and help them when we can
2 cancel our holiday and spend time helping them

we have other holidays booked or planned

we would like to do both but wife just does not have enough holiday time

macafee2

LeRich 21st January 2019 19:22

Take the holiday!

MSS 21st January 2019 19:32

Do your duty to the kids - sacrifice the holiday.

Your duty to your kids comes first, pleasure and enjoyment second. :}

trikey 21st January 2019 19:39

You go on holiday, leave the wife at home to assist with the decorating :D

operamagorum 21st January 2019 19:39

If the new house is empty, vendors will often allow access for redecorating between exchange and completion

Dallas 21st January 2019 20:00

Option 2. :getmecoat:

I doubt both of you will enjoy your holiday anyway, knowing you are needed back home. :eek: Guilt trip. :D

On the other hand, I'm sure daughter and husband are capable of decorating their home themselves, can they call on some close friends to help, or even husbands parents?

If you're not confused enough, what about if you and mrs macafee2 go ahead and cancel holiday, and then daughter and husband get given a whole new moving date which is further forward and would have allowed you and mrs macafee2 to have the holiday after all. :duh: Oh no...

Sorry I have been of no help. :getmecoat:

wullie480 21st January 2019 20:11

What about sending your daughter and son in law on holiday whilst you decorate the full place for them coming home. :D

For me I’d probably help them decorate and move the holiday if possible.
Could they not do it bit by bit when they’ve moved in?

MSS 21st January 2019 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2704475)
Option 2. :getmecoat:

I doubt both of you will enjoy your holiday anyway, knowing you are needed back home. :eek: Guilt trip. :D

On the other hand, I'm sure daughter and husband are capable of decorating their home themselves, can they call on some close friends to help, or even husbands parents?

If you're not confused enough, what about if you and mrs macafee2 go ahead and cancel holiday, and then daughter and husband get given a whole new moving date which is further forward and would have allowed you and mrs macafee2 to have the holiday after all. :duh: Oh no...

Sorry I have been of no help. :getmecoat:

This is what I admire here - decisiveness! :laughing2:

stocktake 21st January 2019 20:35

Take the holiday, they will understand.

One life, live it. Nice to help your kids when you can and when the chips are down we would all sacrifice whatever was needed for our offspring but think about it. Decorating!! Really!! Because they don't want to rough it for a short while. Sorry if that part sounds harsh but its real life

Sometimes you need to put yourself first. it's not a guilt trip its something you are looking forward to and if you cancel then it will be them who should feel guilty.

If you find this unbearable, (But you shouldn't) offer to help with the extra payments if they are struggling.

mileshawk56 21st January 2019 20:53

Take your holiday, let them do it their way they are adults, its nice to be willing to help but? Chris S.