The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Colour change (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301798)

jim_k 30th December 2019 15:44

Colour change

Just a hypothetical question, but if in the future I was going to invest in a respray at a future time to tidy my car up, I might be tempted to change my cars colour.

I currently have white gold paintwork and aubergine leather interior.

The three body colours I like most are (1) white (2) Damson (3) Wedgewood blue.

Please can I ask your view on 2 questions. Firstly which colour would work best? I think white or damson would agree best with the interior.

Secondly, I love that off-white colour rover used. I think this was used when they launched and it was old English white. Am I correct as a brighter white was also used which I'm less keen on.

Many thanks,

Jim

marinabrian 30th December 2019 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim_k (Post 2783997)
Just a hypothetical question, but if in the future I was going to invest in a respray at a future time to tidy my car up, I might be tempted to change my cars colour.

I currently have white gold paintwork and aubergine leather interior.

The three body colours I like most are (1) white (2) Damson (3) Wedgewood blue.

Please can I ask your view on 2 questions. Firstly which colour would work best? I think white or damson would agree best with the interior.

Secondly, I love that off-white colour rover used. I think this was used when they launched and it was old English white. Am I correct as a brighter white was also used which I'm less keen on.

Many thanks,

Jim

Arran or old English White paint code is NNX, the brighter white is Dover White code NDJ.

Be aware there is an awful amount of work required in a colour change, not to mention the expense ;)

Brian :D

jim_k 30th December 2019 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2783999)
Arran or old English White paint code is NNX, the brighter white is Dover White code NDJ.

Be aware there is an awful amount of work required in a colour change, not to mention the expense ;)

Thank you Brian. I know some sprayers will do the car body alone but not the door inners/ boot inside and under bonnet. This keeps the cost down as you are right its very expensive to do everything and take off the doors.

It's something I've been toying with for a time. white gold is okay but I prefer the other colours.

Rich in Vancouver 30th December 2019 17:32

You don't necessarily have to remove the doors for a colour change but there is a lot of time involved removing and replacing weatherstrip, door cards and fittings and cleaning out all of the nooks and crannies in the door jambs then masking the openings. If you were to do most of the labour that would save a lot of expense.

jim_k 30th December 2019 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2784018)
You don't necessarily have to remove the doors for a colour change but there is a lot of time involved removing and replacing weatherstrip, door cards and fittings and cleaning out all of the nooks and crannies in the door jambs then masking the openings. If you were to do most of the labour that would save a lot of expense.

Rich, I was thinking of leaving the insides in white gold but just getting a professional respray on the outside. I love that creamy old English white. I think that would look good. What do you think?

chris75 30th December 2019 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim_k (Post 2784023)
Rich, I was thinking of leaving the insides in white gold but just getting a professional respray on the outside. I love that creamy old English white. I think that would look good. What do you think?

I think that would be a terrible mistake that would spoil the car forever :shrug:

marinabrian 30th December 2019 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2784026)
I think that would be a terrible mistake that would spoil the car forever :shrug:

I'm not so sure, I'm not a fan of white gold so I may not be entirely unbiased...........I can't quite recall who it was, but there was a member who repainted their BRG?? Mk2 saloon in white, and it looked good :xmas-smiley-008:

trikey 30th December 2019 19:01

Why not get it wrapped instead, it would be a lot less work!

Here’s one I spotted in Norwich, this guy likes gold I reckon 👍

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5bd5d98dbb.jpg

chris75 30th December 2019 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2784029)
I'm not so sure, I'm not a fan of white gold so I may not be entirely unbiased...........I can't quite recall who it was, but there was a member who repainted their BRG?? Mk2 saloon in white, and it looked good :xmas-smiley-008:

It's not the colour change I'm concerned about , Brian , in fact I love the old English white . It's having a white exterior and a gold interior which disturbs me :xmas-smiley-008:

ZedTeeT 30th December 2019 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2784032)
Why not get it wrapped instead, it would be a lot less work!

Here’s one I spotted in Norwich, this guy likes gold I reckon 👍

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5bd5d98dbb.jpg

HOLY MOLY!!!! That's horrid, someone call the taste police......... Neee naaa Neee naaa.......