The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   what stupid dangerous thing have you done? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299658)

macafee2 2nd October 2019 08:49

what stupid dangerous thing have you done?

what stupid dangerous thing have you done?

For the purpose of this thread there has to have been a lucky escape.
Example. I climbed down a cliff face with no rope, slipped and landed on a very narrow ledge, below was a 100 foot fall to rocks.

I've just done something silly and dangerous, the what if thought had already gone through my head but I continued. Bit shaken, no injury and no damage. Lesson learnt, don't ignore that what if thoughts.

I jacked the front of the car up and put on some 5'ish inch wooden ramps.
Went to the rear to jack it up and put on some 4'ish inch wooden ramps.
Car rolled backwards, off the front ramps and would have trapped/crushed me between the car and a cupboard that was against a brick wall.
Fortunately there was a heavy tool box and a work mate set up behind the car and it rolled into those.

I should have left the car in gear when I jacked up the rear:eek:

macafee2

Snetty 2nd October 2019 09:26

Spent a day in Amsterdam with two lovely ladies, a mysterious Dutch celebrity, the man from the home alone film and finally the man from Del Monte.:eek:

coolcat 2nd October 2019 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snetty (Post 2766008)
Spent a day in Amsterdam with two lovely ladies, a mysterious Dutch celebrity, the man from the home alone film and finally the man from Del Monte.:eek:

........Did he say “Yes”:D

Snetty 2nd October 2019 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2766009)
........Did he say “Yes”:D

I cannot disclose the details of why he said 'Yes' but he did :D

reworht 2nd October 2019 11:40

Sat on the drive, with legs outstretched under the back axle of a 105E Anglia - and then disconnected the rear shocker. Needless to say the leaf spring flopped straight down on my shins - luckily, my mate was at hand and he managed to lift the car enough by heaving on the wheel arch that I could squirm free :o

trikey 2nd October 2019 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snetty (Post 2766008)

Pmsl, nice descriptions!

trikey 2nd October 2019 14:36

Far too many to mention!!

stevestrat 2nd October 2019 15:14

I think the dumbest thing I've ever done was when I was a kid. We lived In Berwick, not far from the east coast main line and the signalbox at Tweedmouth. I had the dog out along the old branch line walking towards the junction and signalbox. I decided to explore the overgrown area behind the signalbox, found a small metal disc, about 2" in diameter, ˝" thick. I thought this must be one of the explosive things they use to warn trains. I took it home and, you're not gonna believe this, decided to see if I could make it go off with a hammer. I put it on the back step of the house and, dog standing beside me, proceeded to hit it with a hammer. On the third or fourth blow it went off, HOLY F... :eek: I was stone deaf, the dog disappeared for for about 15 minutes. I have no idea how I wasn't injured. I ending up in the rail industry and you have to stand 30 yards away from detonators to avoid the possibility of flying fragments if they are exploded, I was kneeling right over it!

Teflon 2nd October 2019 15:37

I've done a few stupid things in the past, but I suspect the daftest would be owning up to them here ;) :getmecoat:

Cliff

Westonboy 2nd October 2019 15:51

When I was 8 and my brother 10 years old, we decided that we could cross the Mersey in a zinc bathtub, predictably we only managed a couple of yards before the inevitable sinking, but in a much less risk averse age it seemed good fun at the time.