The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Union Jack rear lenses (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290827)

gadget1960 7th December 2018 17:40

Union Jack rear lenses

I've just come back from a jolly into town and on the way home I spotted a new mini with what appeared to be a half union jack patterned rear light lenses, ie... half the flag on each side.
Now ... I'm not a 'bolt on goody king' by any means but I must confess they looked pretty awesome and not chav-like at all.
Given the shape of the 75 rear end I think they would look equally as good if not better.
Never noticed them before so I think they only shine through when brakes are applied.... very subtle I thought.
Going to do a search in a mo and see if they are available for my 75.
Please weigh in with your thoughts / opinions on the subject if you know what I'm going on about.

macafee2 7th December 2018 18:40

They do indeed look good, often found on Mini export models as standard. I guess standard or an option as I've seen so many.
I have wondered if someone's trying to say something to these other countries.

macafee2

Groundsman Willie 7th December 2018 18:42

I think they're standard fit on some Minis. Seen a few of them but not sure if it's model or age specific.
I do like the look of them though

gadget1960 7th December 2018 18:51

Been trawling through the net and can't find any for the 75, might be because of the age and the fact it's no longer in production. shame really as I definitely would have bought a pair.

grout20 7th December 2018 18:52

I also saw them on a Mini yesterday evening..... not noticed them before.

Looked pretty cool.... ! :cool2:

They also showed when just on sidelights on the one I saw.

Designed in Germany?! ;):icon_lol:

John

mininuts 7th December 2018 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by grout20 (Post 2692635)

Designed in Germany?! ;):icon_lol:

John

The original BINI was designed and, a handful built at Longbridge by Rover as a replacement for the proper Mini so, yes, they were British.
It’s all the monstrosities that BMW keep producing with the MINI badge on them that don’t deserve the Union Flag on them :icon_lol:

Number 6 7th December 2018 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mininuts (Post 2692640)
The original BINI was designed and, a handful built at Longbridge by Rover as a replacement for the proper Mini so, yes, they were British.
It’s all the monstrosities that BMW keep producing with the MINI badge on them that don’t deserve the Union Flag on them :icon_lol:

The "Mini" is no longer a "MINI" it is now on a par with any mid range car ..The concept of the "Mini" has long since gone when BMW got the brand name:icon_cry:

T-Cut 7th December 2018 19:13

For anyone else like me who has never seen/heard of these: https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...oversy-113618/

gadget1960 7th December 2018 19:22

I have just e'mailed a company in Germany that manufactures these rear lights and asked them if they would ever produce these for the Rover 75.
You never know ... worth an ask, they may produce a limited batch depending if there is enough of a demand for them.
I'll post up what transpires.

trikey 7th December 2018 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mininuts (Post 2692640)

This is he same as all the comments on the lights by ex workers on the Longbridge facebook group.