The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   central locking problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31499)

-Joe 9th January 2009 12:48

central locking problem

1 click mostly opens drivers door.

2 clicks always opens passenger side doors.

3 clicks opens rear drivers side door.

1 click on the lock button always locks passenger doors, soemtimes doesn't lock drivers door so you can open it setting off the alarm.

interrior door lock button always seems to work however.

If you press the interior lock button loads of times (1-20) quickly it jams into a mode where further presses sound the horn until you manually use another method to alter the locking state of any of the doors. Then the interior button works again.

Used WD40 in all easy to get at places. Any ideas?

slimsi 9th January 2009 13:11

Hi mine does something similar on the unlock but no on the lock, never been able to to work it out changed batteries and tried standing on different corners of the car.

Someone on here usually has a good answer though...

JohnDotCom 9th January 2009 13:35

Dependant on how set up on T4
Should be;

1 Press of Remote Button. Drivers door Open
2 Presses of Remote Button. Other doors unlock.

On Tourers on non switched versions, Press and Hold button to release tailgate.

Press lock button once should re-lock everything up.

justmicky 9th January 2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 271099)
Dependant on how set up on T4
Should be;

1 Press of Remote Button. Drivers door Open
2 Presses of Remote Button. Other doors unlock.

On Tourers on non switched versions, Press and Hold button to release tailgate.

Press lock button once should re-lock everything up.

Mine is exactly as above although as John says depends upon T4 setup. At the meet in Cumbria a chap had a T4 (Paul I think) and whilst he was there, another of the members got him to change the settings such that one click opened all of the doors, one click to lock all.

Moonstone 9th January 2009 17:23

3rd click is often required to unlock rear door, thought it's usually the nearside one. Very common fault, especially in cold weather. The BCU control signal doesn't seem to give it long enough, though the console switch is generally OK (maybe because the car has usually wanrmed up before this is used).

I don't recall seeing anyone report failure to lock, though. Your driver's doorlock may be nearing failure.

As for console switch pressing - how did you find that one out? I'm not tempted to try it, but suspect the BCU could be getting confused.

-Joe 9th January 2009 22:09

key make horn go too

Mad fast key waggling will also make the horn sound.

The horn blast is very short. Waggle key the other way and normal service resumed.

Sprayed lots of WD into drivers key hole and drivers door more reliable now.

Don't trust the locks however and have to always check them before i leave the car.

Rear drivers side door 3 clicks every time from fob but not from interior button even if whole cvar cold

Meester Teem 10th January 2009 15:26

My 75 (2000cc V6 saloon 'V' reg) seems to be completely random in it's unlocking methods. It sometimes does the drivers on the 1st click. But, sometimes leaves it until the 3rd click, following all the other doors. Is there anyway of controlling the unlocking order?

However, the internal unlock button works a treat. And, it's results are repeatable. The locking of doors is always the same. Luckily.

JohnDotCom 10th January 2009 16:09

Other than try Battery reset (disconnect for 30 Minutes to reboot systems)
Make sure if you have Sat Nav you follow correct shut down procedures and that you have the radio code where required.
Cheapest fix to start with, as well as changing handset batteries (if not already done).
Not sure what alternative settings are on T4 but worth a check when on one.

-Joe 11th January 2009 00:34

Make the horn blow

Can anyone else here make the horn blow just with the lock controls?

Greeners 11th January 2009 00:57

A short toot of the horn, indicates a door not properly secured, start with bonnet then boot. You may need to adjust the stops.