The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Selling my rover (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298942)

mbev51 4th September 2019 07:23

Selling my rover

I’ve taken a deposit on my 75, its as everyone says a reluctant decision. I’ve had it more than five years and enjoyed owning it, I have a mg tf to sort out as well as all the other things I need to do with my life.

I’m afraid I didn’t feel in tune with what seems to be a widespread pro Brexit view strongly expressed by many on here. That actually put me off owning a 75. The final straw came a while ago when I was verbally abused in a post by a well known Brexit supporter. I complained to the moderators about the choice use of language without any response.

Reebs 4th September 2019 07:38

I’m sorry to hear your selling up Michael, but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

With regard to being verbally abused by another member, please PM me the post in question from a while ago and I’ll have a look into it.

Brexit or no Brexit, this is a car club and not a political debating chamber as I’ve tried to reiterate many times over.

COLVERT 4th September 2019 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2759918)
I’ve taken a deposit on my 75, its as everyone says a reluctant decision. I’ve had it more than five years and enjoyed owning it, I have a mg tf to sort out as well as all the other things I need to do with my life.

I’m afraid I didn’t feel in tune with what seems to be a widespread pro Brexit view strongly expressed by many on here. That actually put me off owning a 75. The final straw came a while ago when I was verbally abused in a post by a well known Brexit supporter. I complained to the moderators about the choice use of language without any response.

Michael.---Not spoken to you before but sorry to read that the treatment on here by other members has lead you to get rid of your car.

Verbal abuse and harassment is never to be tolerated. However don't let other folk start to rule your actions in life. Just ignore them and do what you want to do.

The forum has had its share of these kinds of folk but gradually their numbers have been whittled down mainly by shooting themselves in the foot.---:}

So don't leave just because of them. Don't let them win.

GazYorkshire 4th September 2019 09:27

Political discussions always lead to difference of opinion, some of which can often become heated due to the passion some people have for the subject.
However, as Colvert said, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable being here because of other people's actions.
Let Reebs do what he can for you, and consider your options afterwards - you've only taken a deposit on your 75, you can easily return it.

mbev51 4th September 2019 11:05

Thanks for the replies. I’m not interested in reviewing old posts, I’ve a thick skin. I’m not upset at all, just moving on.

Reebs 4th September 2019 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2759952)
Thanks for the replies. I’m not interested in reviewing old posts, I’ve a thick skin. I’m not upset at all, just moving on.

Sorry I couldn't help, but if folk think they are really being bullied by other members and not just a squabble due to differences of opinion they should inform the team who will look in to it, as that's not acceptable behavior on these boards.

macafee2 4th September 2019 12:41

pro Brexit people make you feel like selling your British car, on what grounds?

I am sorry you felt abused, this sort of thing should not go on even if people have a difference of opinion.

macafee2

RPWC 4th September 2019 21:47

Sadly another long time club member left recently because of stuff to do with the same subject. I think any whiff of politics on the boards needs reporting straight away.

klarzy 4th September 2019 22:11

Why sell a good car just because of opinion on a bulletin board....
Bit like leaving home because you dont like the estate agent...

Just walk away from the forum and keep the motor...

clf 4th September 2019 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2759918)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2759952)

I cannot help but feel this post is another back door entry into a discussion on how much you disagree with Brexit (which for the record, I am too, at least in the form it was presented when you started getting involved in political discussions on the forum and the subsequent attempts to make a deal, but since it was democratically chosen, I cannot deny the choice of the majority). If you really were not upset, you would not have mentioned the apparent abuse and especially Brexit at all. No one deserves to be verbally abused, but if you are part of a forum that you cannot condone or support, then you leave the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2760117)
Why sell a good car just because of opinion on a bulletin board....
Bit like leaving home because you dont like the estate agent...

Just walk away from the forum and keep the motor...

You sell a good car because you have become bored of it or have a better one(s) to use, then relish the opportunity to use the decision as ammunition against those who disagreed with your stance in political discussions. People here do that with real ammunition!