The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   help with removing FBH components (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295856)

smudge.g 18th May 2019 14:57

help with removing FBH components

The grotty Tourer that I posted about earlier has a FBH fitted along with the remote and a timer inside the armrest. I had a quick look but couldnt see how it is fixed into the armrest, to be able to remove it. Any ideas? Also, I guess there will be some sort of receiver for the remote, where would this likely to be fitted, as I've never seen one before. thanks for reading. :)

suffolk boy 18th May 2019 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge.g (Post 2734554)
The grotty Tourer that I posted about earlier has a FBH fitted along with the remote and a timer inside the armrest. I had a quick look but couldnt see how it is fixed into the armrest, to be able to remove it. Any ideas? Also, I guess there will be some sort of receiver for the remote, where would this likely to be fitted, as I've never seen one before. thanks for reading. :)

take the chubby hole bin out you then be able to see underneath for any fixings.but from memory i dont think you will find any my bet its tuck with doublesided tape.as for the remote unit i saw the antennas for one being pointedout years ago. i am sure they where in the engine bay near the fuse box so i assume the unit lives there

marinabrian 19th May 2019 04:13

The telestart unit is mounted on the same bracket as the cruise ECU, and there are two satellite relays mounted on the fusebox.

https://www.usedecus.com/images/prod...542[1].jpg

The aerial is mounted behind the front bumper, and I opted to fit a GSM windscreen mounted version with the correct connector fitted to suit the telestart.

The timer is screwed to the cubby box, and to remove either remove the cubby box, and unplug the timer then remove the centre console, or just remove the centre console complete and retrieve the wiring that way.

Or better still, have a go at fixing the car and don't break it up for spares

Brian :D

smudge.g 19th May 2019 17:54

Thanks guys,very helpful as ever and something to do next week :)

smudge.g 21st May 2019 09:58

Nrxt silly question, now that we have our electricity back on - would the wiring loom for FBH remote/timer operation already be present or would that need to be retrofitted too, along with the relays?
kind regards
Gary

suffolk boy 21st May 2019 10:16

no it will not be present and yes you will

T16 21st May 2019 21:47

How easy is it to retrofit the whole parking heater as OEM with the front bumper ariel?

To be honest having worked on a factory equipped Parking heater car, I never noticed anything different about the front bumper, but then I was specifically looking for FBH related things.

Ive a Landrover 10DegC Sensor on mine, and it seems to want to kick the FBH in at 12DegC, unless a) its wildly inaccurate, 2) Broken, 3) Just slow to respond to temp changes.

Devilish 21st May 2019 22:21

MO The whole telestart malarkey to start a FBH on a 75 or ZT is a waste of time and money.
All it needs is a + or - signal to start from any RF remote relay unit.
Takes less than 5 mins to install, and fits inside the under bonnet fuse box.

T16 22nd May 2019 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilish (Post 2735269)
MO The whole telestart malarkey to start a FBH on a 75 or ZT is a waste of time and money.
All it needs is a + or - signal to start from any RF remote relay unit.
Takes less than 5 mins to install, and fits inside the under bonnet fuse box.

Ahh but that does not switch on all the fans etc though does it? Just the fbh itself..?
Thinking about it... I cant even be 4rsed to do that, I will just leave the normal automatic heater there with the engine start, which is still an order of magnitude superior to having no FBH.

A diesel with no FBH in Scotland is a miserable existance, essential for anyone up here really!

Devilish 23rd May 2019 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by T16 (Post 2735441)
Ahh but that does not switch on all the fans etc though does it? Just the fbh itself..?

If the FBH is only wanted to be used as parking heater, yes. It does have LED indicators to tell you exactly when the FBH and ATC are running, the ATC timer can be set from 1 sec to 30 mins. The ATC an also be operated independently in summer without the FBH being started, by RF, text, or phone call.

When it is scorching hot, how about sending a text message to tilt the sunroof, and start the ATC when on the way back to the car.