The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   NAC & SAIC (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   T5 Diagnostics (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=253296)

Phil-T4 16th September 2016 07:46

T5 Diagnostics

Picked up a T5 system a couple of days ago that was in need of repair, i have managed to source what i need to complete this :D :drool4:

If i'm allowed to keep it or have permanent access to it those owners with a MG3 or MG6 watch this space!!

Avulon 16th September 2016 12:14

Name Change?

You'll have to change your name.... Phil-T45 (or is it T54?) :D
At least you'll have some cars to work on once all the 75s and ZTs have been scrapped ;). :getmecoat:

Lovel 2nd April 2017 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2365586)
Picked up a T5 system a couple of days ago that was in need of repair, i have managed to source what i need to complete this :D :drool4:

If i'm allowed to keep it or have permanent access to it those owners with a MG3 or MG6 watch this space!!

Does T5 cover Roewe 750, 550 etc? Their coolant exp tanks have a level sensor fitted.

Just thinking about my recent quest for enabling Highline Message Centre IPK.............:}

Robson Rover Repair 10th April 2017 02:32

Very good news Phil, a virtual t5 for mg3/6 owners would definitely be a global godsend!

simcor 20th April 2017 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2365586)

Does the T5 actually cover the new MG models do you know yet Phil?

I thought the T5 was made for Land Rover and Jaguar products.

I have been trying to find out as much as I can about diagnostics for my 3, as they are still quite new can't even get a haynes for them yet and probably wont ever do one most likely.

As far as I can tell SAIC uses a VDS interface for the Roewe and MG brands which I think is made by Bosch and is basically the same system as the GM system.

I am looking to see if there is anything toward the end user that may do half decent diagnostics for the 3 for DIY mechanics, but it's probably too early to be able to get anything useful for it I guess.

murphyv310 26th April 2017 08:06

Phil is unwell and in hospital, may be some time before he's well enough to help.

Thomas 26th April 2017 12:44

This would be very good if it can be made to work!

simcor 30th April 2017 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2482778)
Phil is unwell and in hospital, may be some time before he's well enough to help.

Thanks for the reply, hope it's nothing too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.

murphyv310 8th August 2017 11:02

Hi.
Just added a new thread regarding service light resetting. Thought I'd ask here too.
Any generic reset tools that work or has Phil cracked the T5 and able to suggest how to reset his without the dealer charging an arm and a leg??

simcor 10th November 2017 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2527505)
Hi.
Just added a new thread regarding service light resetting. Thought I'd ask here too.
Any generic reset tools that work or has Phil cracked the T5 and able to suggest how to reset his without the dealer charging an arm and a leg??

I may have some news on this in the next week or so. Will update when I know more.