The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Scratches (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57788)

Kenneth Smith 2nd April 2010 18:42

Scratches

Hi Everyone, tried T-Cut and coloured polish but nothing seems to improve the scratches on my Midnight Blue Rover 75. The scratches are showing white through the blue and it looks like a cat or similiar has caused them. The scratches are not very deep or wide but are very noticable when the car is clean and dry. Looks reasonably OK in the wet though. Thanks Ken

stevemac 2nd April 2010 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth Smith (Post 499913)
Hi Everyone, tried T-Cut and coloured polish but nothing seems to improve the scratches on my Midnight Blue Rover 75. The scratches are showing white through the blue and it looks like a cat or similiar has caused them. The scratches are not very deep or wide but are very noticable when the car is clean and dry. Looks reasonably OK in the wet though. Thanks Ken

If the undercoat is showing through then you won't be able to polish them out. I am sure a paint expert will be along soon to advise. My Royal Blue is just the same. May need to get someone in to do it.

simdel1 2nd April 2010 19:05

I have a similar problem with my BRG. Most of the scratches are finger nail scratches around the door handles. I tried a pigmented wax, but it did nothing. I'll be interested to see what sort of responses you get to this.

JohnDotCom 2nd April 2010 19:10

Contact Advertising member Tim Burgess who may be able to sort or advise:

Visit his website at www.scratch2shine.co.uk. Discounts available to Club members.
or PM him.

Kenneth Smith 2nd April 2010 21:05

Scrathes

Hi JohnDotCom, I have e-mailed scratch2shine am awaiting reply. Will keep you posted. Thanks Ken

stevemac 2nd April 2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 499939)
Contact Advertising member Tim Burgess who may be able to sort or advise:

Visit his website at www.scratch2shine.co.uk. Discounts available to Club members.
or PM him.

Only 513 miles. Hope he doesn't charge mileage :getmecoat:

1gp 2nd April 2010 22:09

a good machine polish needed.

These scratchs will need to be polished with a compound , and machine polished. if any of the scratchs you can get your nail in them , then it needs painting, thats the normal rule . some can be flatted out with 1500 or 2000 grit flatting paper , then machine polished. if you lived near i would do it for you. :) remember you need a compound polish not a wax to get rid of scratchs.

Kenneth Smith 2nd April 2010 22:49

Scratches

Hi 1gp Jim, thanks for the information and the offer but I think you live in Nottinghamshire and I live on Hayling Island Hampshire a bit too far for either of us to travel I think but thanks again. Ken

jcwatrichmond 3rd April 2010 07:08

If you look in Yellow Pages, or similar, you can find mobile dent and scratch removers such as Dent Devils. These guys charge about £50 and do a really good job on small areas of damage.

JCW

Corwen 3rd April 2010 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1gp (Post 500105)
These scratchs will need to be polished with a compound , and machine polished. if any of the scratchs you can get your nail in them , then it needs painting, thats the normal rule . some can be flatted out with 1500 or 2000 grit flatting paper , then machine polished. if you lived near i would do it for you. :) remember you need a compound polish not a wax to get rid of scratchs.

hi jim, only up the road in heanor, could do with advice on my scratches, pm me if you fancy it, no obligation matey.:bowdown: