The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Epson Inks. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=263360)

lathbury 9th March 2017 19:43

Epson Inks.

I bought compatible Epson 33xl inks, the printer won't recognise them, I have removed and replaced them about twenty times, no change, any advice please or can I only buy Epson genuine inks?. Thanks, John.

RPWC 9th March 2017 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lathbury (Post 2459284)
I bought compatible Epson 33xl inks, the printer won't recognise them, I have removed and replaced them about twenty times, no change, any advice please or can I only buy Epson genuine inks?. Thanks, John.

Have you tried installing them one at a time.? Try here for help

https://www.inkhub.com.au/ink/epson-...-be-recognised

lathbury 9th March 2017 21:00

Thanks for the link, I have saved that. I have done the twenty minute reset, no good, I will try the individual installation tomorrow, and will let you know how I get on. I feel like lashing this printer, it would be cheaper to buy another than buy the Epson inks. Again, thanks for your help. John.

jackatesme 9th March 2017 21:19

I use asda inks in my epson,always get message"not genuine ink" i just press ok and it accepts them. Done this the last 3 refills.:}

Kennyeth 10th March 2017 05:37

Try to find a ink seller that replenishes the ink in genuine Epson cartridges, that way the "chips" get recognized by the printer as "their own"
Ken.

mh007 10th March 2017 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lathbury (Post 2459343)
Thanks for the link, I have saved that. I have done the twenty minute reset, no good, I will try the individual installation tomorrow, and will let you know how I get on. I feel like lashing this printer, it would be cheaper to buy another than buy the Epson inks. Again, thanks for your help. John.

Have you contacted the seller you purchased the inks from?
If they're being sold as being compatible with your printer, they should be just that.
As already said, you'll always get the Epson warning about non-compatible inks being detected but once you've clicked on OK, that should be it.
Contact the seller first or request a collection for a full refund & purchase elsewhere.

reworht 10th March 2017 08:50

I've been buying my compatible inks from here for about 5 years now with no problems whatsoever. They do have the correct chip to enable the printer to recognise them, and they send the right messages to the "ink gauges", so you can see how much you have left.
Once in a blue moon, I do get a message pops up (usually when sending a print job) which says something like "We see that you are using non Epson cartdiges ....." - but there is a 'continue anyway' button - click that and you're away :}

lathbury 10th March 2017 18:48

I have contacted the seller this afternoon, so will wait and see if they have a solution. I have bookmarked that site. We are going to London on Monday, so will order when we get back. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. John.

mh007 10th March 2017 22:46

Good luck John.
Don't let it put you off of compatible inks though.
I've been using Epson printers & compatible inks for years without any problems.

Arryhall 20th March 2017 07:47

Lexmark printer inks are so expensive, that it is actually cheaper to buy a new printer with a full compliment of inks than to replace the ink cartridges. I have a Kodak which has the cheapest price of ink cartridges you can get, but my mate swears by refilling old Epsom cartridges. He used to get them done, but bought a kit so he can do them himself. I think it is just a syringe and some tubing, but don't quote me on that! Says it's dead easy anyway, and he's been doing this for years, and if that technophobe can manage it, anyone can!

Good luck with it. Printers are a pita!