The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   parts diagrams (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297636)

macafee2 20th July 2019 20:11

parts diagrams

Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2

p2roverman 20th July 2019 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2749115)
Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2

I found this a few days ago, real pain. I guess it could be to stop people going elsewhere for parts, though that's not really logical; they're not going to lose a sale if they haven't got it!

Surely Rover had the full exploded parts drawings done with part number listing, which is what Rimmers have been basing their stock listings on so this must exist though probably not on paper, microfisch maybe?

trikey 20th July 2019 20:27

I think its more the case of nla parts are taking up server space, have a clear out of stuff that's not available anymore!

steve-45 20th July 2019 20:33

I remember when I rebuilt my Triumph GT6 many moons ago I had a parts book that showed every single part down to the last washer and it’s part number.

trikey 20th July 2019 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2749124)
I remember when I rebuilt my Triumph GT6 many moons ago I had a parts book that showed every single part down to the last washer and it’s part number.

Yep, or a microfiche with everything on.

Mike Noc 20th July 2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2749125)
Yep, or a microfiche with everything on.

Showing your age there Andy. :D

I can remember when microfiche was state of the art. :getmecoat:

trikey 20th July 2019 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2749175)
Showing your age there Andy. :D

I can remember when microfiche was state of the art. :getmecoat:

I know Mike, I used to stand behind the counter of the parts department while the guy looked through the microfiche for the part I needed...

macafee2 21st July 2019 16:05

The diagrams were good as they also showed how things should be assembled.

Be nice if the forum could obtain the diagrams and host them

macafee2

Tenesmus 21st July 2019 16:41

I was trying to explain microfiche to a colleague in her late 20s a few years ago, she'd never heard of it...

Bolin 21st July 2019 17:11

I have a set of parts microfiche for the 75/ZT from Jan 2002 - somewhere....