The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hats off to Marinabrian and hang my head in shame (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310985)

AndyN01 10th February 2021 08:59

Hats off to Marinabrian and hang my head in shame

Hi all.

To cut a long story short following a breakdown on the A1 and arriving on the back of a tow truck Brian came to the rescue with a replacement ECU.

Cheers mate.

The reason for the failure.....

A flooded plenum. :duh:.

Now, I know it was dry in October when I bought the car and checked. And since then have been happily saying it was dry.

Isn't hindsight wonderful ;).

What I hadn't done was to make sure all the crud was washed out so during the various deluges we've had since then a huge amount of leaves and other gunge had blocked the drain hole.

All sorted now and I'll be in touch with Jules for one of his plenum shields - which, of course, I should have done already :o.

And I'll be getting the drill out for Arctic's spy hole mod.

Moral of story - do regular physical checks. Just 'cus it was dry once doesn't mean it still is.

Anyway, all good now and lesson learned thanks to Brian.

Take care all.

trikey 10th February 2021 09:49

Glad you are sorted, well done Brian, as usual ya saved the day 🤟🤟

BoroRover 10th February 2021 09:59

Brian just being...well Brian. Brilliant guy :bowdown::bowdown:

marinabrian 10th February 2021 10:05

At least it wasn't snowing when I did Andy's car :cool:

And on the plus side I was treated to chocolate digestives and coffee :drool4:

It was nice to put a face to another name, and I got to be fussed over by Quizzie the super pup !!

To be fair to Andy, he probably would been okay if his ECM had been refitted correctly by the last person to have removed it from the plenum, rather than simply allowing it to hang from it's cables.

Anyway his ECM is now repaired and currently coded to the ZT on test, so all is well that ends well :}

Brian :D

roverbarmy 10th February 2021 10:51

My plenum drain had an icicle on it yesterday! At least it proves that something was running through it before the freezing temperatures!;) Well done Brian.

Mickyboy 10th February 2021 11:01

That’s why Brian is so appreciated, because he’s such a nice bloke who goes the extra mile top stuff mate👍
Mick

squire 10th February 2021 12:22

Only met Brian once, very briefly at Gaydon, but he's always been a top man in my opinion, and always says it as it is, which is the best way, again my opinion.

pletevl 10th February 2021 13:19

Is there anyway this can be prevented ? apart from plunging the drain hole every so often.
Can a nice big hole be cut just infont of the ECU, in the bulkhead between the plenum and engine bay, near the bottom of the plenum chamber to let the dirth water drain out into the engine bay ????
just a thought people.

Pete.

roverbarmy 10th February 2021 13:34

Just cut the narrow end off the drain.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

steve-45 10th February 2021 13:45

I’ve just brushed all the snow off the 75, as I was worried that when it melted it may freeze in the plenum drain and flood the ECU