The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   50 amp supply to run seat motors ???. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55807)

1gp 6th March 2010 18:37

50 amp supply to run seat motors ???.

hi, got some electric memory seats yesterday, no problems with passenger seat only one motor to run.... i sorted a loom out in my kitchen and powered seats up by a battery charger , ok on passenger seat, BUT on drivers seat couldnt get it to work each motor runs checked them , but when i wired it the same as the" how to section" the switchs no go ? is it that i really need to wire it, in the car and test it, as it needs 50amps to power all three motors and switch etc ....:confused:

StevenWilliams 6th March 2010 19:19

I have mine wored into the 30 amp wires for the rear towbar.. Works fine.

fooman 6th March 2010 20:18

I take it you are just testing them? It could be the charger doesn't supply enough current to operate the memory seat though I would think running the motors out of the car with no one sat in current draw would be low, so could also be connected wrong. For the drivers seat I connected 3 positives and 2 earths on the 8 pin plug.

This includes the thin +ve and -ve that I think powers the memory unit (but required to operate seats too) and the switched live.

BTW the drivers seat draws 30mA in this configuration when not in use, not a significant amount not worth switching off. Incidentally I drew power straight from the two 30A fuse positions marked 'seat' with a spade connector (fuses now inline) as I didn't have a plug in the 50A aux outlet.

Now if I could just get the rear backs out I would be done! Also has anyone powered up the heated seats in a retro fit? Do I just put 12v through the heated seat connectors?

1gp 6th March 2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by fooman (Post 481332)
I take it you are just testing them? It could be the charger doesn't supply enough current to operate the memory seat though I would think running the motors out of the car with no one sat in current draw would be low, so could also be connected wrong. For the drivers seat I connected 3 positives and 2 earths on the 8 pin plug.

This includes the thin +ve and -ve that I think powers the memory unit (but required to operate seats too) and the switched live.

BTW the drivers seat draws 30mA in this configuration when not in use, not a significant amount not worth switching off. Incidentally I drew power straight from the two 30A fuse positions marked 'seat' with a spade connector (fuses now inline) as I didn't have a plug in the 50A aux outlet.

Now if I could just get the rear backs out I would be done! Also has anyone powered up the heated seats in a retro fit? Do I just put 12v through the heated seat connectors?

this is what i thought, about using batt charger"... cheers.... getting rear seats out are tight, there is a strap that you pull at the top of the seats at each top corner , get your hand in and pull it , it will unlock the seats. :) there is a how to, on heated seats iam sure its 12v through a relay and fuse may be wrong....