The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   lost faith in mechanic (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=265788)

humptynumpty 18th April 2017 17:45

lost faith in mechanic

Told me to sort small weld patch and rear brakes woild easily be done last friday, then saturday, then monday then said he couldnt get his welding equipment from friend then said he would borrow one, then said he run out of gas then said all done today for 1 pm then started brakes at 11am couldnt get calipers off then said handbrake fell apart so got parts, gave me set price to fit parts to both sides, then in 5 hours only did 1 side says he isnt touching other, ztill wants the set price for extra time and hassle, hasnt done welding and now left car outside garage in unlit ally unlocked and keys with another guy for welding, while i know other guy well i also know be efforts in past so raging isnt the word

humptynumpty 18th April 2017 19:08

Guess the saying is true, you get what you pay for

RPWC 18th April 2017 19:14

Peanuts and Monkeys?

Saga Lout 18th April 2017 19:17

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 2478975)
Guess the saying is true, you get what you pay for

Some people stretch the good faith of others, they can destroy hope and joy with one sweep of their lack of humanity. If you were close to me, and now my eyes are good, I'd help to sort out your issues. If you pay this fool, make it less than half, he has given up the right to expect a fair wage.

humptynumpty 18th April 2017 19:44

Thanks peeps i distrusted mechanics as it was but more so idiots here now

planenut 18th April 2017 20:10

That is sad, whatever the size of the "organization" that you are entrusting with the work, faults arise at all levels.

As said, we put our trust in some, and others just take advantage of that.

Hope that you soon get it sorted.

bl52krz 18th April 2017 21:25

Sorry to hear about your problems with muckaniks. I found out years ago, around 50 years actually, that if you trust no one but yourself, you can not go far wrong. I perhaps am lucky in that I can usually cope with anything mechanical, it's lektrikery that I fall down on.Hope everything turns out ok for you.

humptynumpty 18th April 2017 21:26

they have told me that brake backing plates are so bad that they have used bolts and washers to hold pads onto discs and that to remove the backing plate would mean removing bearing and they would get destroyed and that my clutch doesnt feel right and needs changing and as for weld he says damage has been caused by somebody jacking it up in past in wrong place

Stickman 18th April 2017 21:28

Are there any trusted traders from the forum near to you buddy ?
Astreus possibly?
Regards
Chris

humptynumpty 18th April 2017 21:33

i dont know, thing is im unemployed and broke so trying to get car sorted as best i can for if a job crops up