The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   All Other Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Fitting a nice Sat nav into the dash... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=228203)

Martin1972 14th October 2015 10:55

Fitting a nice Sat nav into the dash...

Apologies for starting a new thread on what is, probably, an old topic.

Basically, what do I need to know about connecting up a fixed Sat nav? Which units would you recommend in terms of size, compatibility.

I've seen modern units on eBay which have 75 compatibility, then say that you need to trim of lugs with a craft knife...

So, very basic advice needed here.:rolleyes:

coolcat 14th October 2015 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin1972 (Post 2118460)

Basically, what do I need to know about connecting up a fixed Sat nav? Which units would you recommend in terms of size, compatibility.

I've seen modern units on eBay which have 75 compatibility, then say that you need to trim of lugs with a craft knife...

Drop Radioguy (Sean) a PM on here and he can show you some options :}

Martin1972 14th October 2015 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2118482)
Drop Radioguy (Sean) a PM on here and he can show you some options :}

Thanks coolcat. PM has been sent.

klarzy 14th October 2015 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin1972 (Post 2118460)

just buy and fit a Navall II or III, does everything...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...9e3c81b1e3.jpg

coolcat 14th October 2015 11:43

Nice...........biscuits :drool4::D

klarzy 14th October 2015 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2118487)
Nice...........biscuits :drool4::D

had to put that up Jeff

it's the only time it ever worked....;)

KeithS 14th October 2015 16:40

Me too

Glad this subject came up. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon. My Connie's original satnav computer eventually gave up (water in the boot) and it seems to have affected the general functioning of the head unit. I need a complete replacement. Seen many options, including those for BMW S3, but not ever been sure exactly "what's in the box". Klarzy-dials says Navall does everything and I can see that Navall is the most referenced satnav in the 75ZT forum, so that's probably the way I'll go. But I'm still not sure. If anyone else can give me some reassurance I'd be very pleased.

klarzy 14th October 2015 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithS (Post 2118606)
Glad this subject came up. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon. My Connie's original satnav computer eventually gave up (water in the boot) and it seems to have affected the general functioning of the head unit. I need a complete replacement. Seen many options, including those for BMW S3, but not ever been sure exactly "what's in the box". Klarzy-dials says Navall does everything and I can see that Navall is the most referenced satnav in the 75ZT forum, so that's probably the way I'll go. But I'm still not sure. If anyone else can give me some reassurance I'd be very pleased.

had the full high line in my tourer, took the whole lot out including the loom...

ended up with a large apple box of bits which sold on ebay for 100.00 and replaced it with something the size of a box of tea bags,
less weight and more room in the boot...
does everything the old one did and much more with better sound...

can be pricey if you go for the bells and whistles versions but a definite improvement...

KeithS 14th October 2015 17:36

Thanks for that. It looks like I would want some bells & whistles just to get what I had before, e.g. DVB. I understand the CD changer would become redundant? No big deal since I am in the process of xferring my CDs to memory sticks anyway. What about the trip computer info? I have no interest in Bluetooth, internet access, smartphone stuff etc, though the marketing info bangs on about these features interminably! Anyway, thanks again.

klarzy 14th October 2015 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithS (Post 2118651)
Thanks for that. It looks like I would want some bells & whistles just to get what I had before, e.g. DVB. I understand the CD changer would become redundant? No big deal since I am in the process of xferring my CDs to memory sticks anyway. What about the trip computer info? I have no interest in Bluetooth, internet access, smartphone stuff etc, though the marketing info bangs on about these features interminably! Anyway, thanks again.

trip computer stays on the IPK message centre, you can use a Bluetooth dongle for ODBII info direct to the torque app
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...00acd94193.jpg